Area Sales Manager, (PA, MD, OH, DC & KY) - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
KARL STORZ Endoscopy-America, Inc., is an affiliate of KARL STORZ GmbH & Co. KG, an international leader for more than 70 years in reusable endoscope technology, encompassing all endoscopic specialties. Based in Tuttlingen, Germany, KARL STORZ GmbH & Co. KG is a family-owned company that designs, engineers, manufactures, and markets all its products with an emphasis on visionary design, precision craftsmanship and clinical effectiveness.
Headquartered in El Segundo, California, KARL STORZ Endoscopy-America is responsible for all U.S. distribution of endoscopes, instruments, imaging systems, electromechanical devices and OR1® integration technologies.
The Area Service Manager may be based in such locations as Pittsburg, Cincinnati, Cleveleand, Louisville (or other similar cities in the Central Area) and report to the Director of Sales and Marketing.
This position is responsible for managing sales processes for KARL STORZ Protection1® Services in the Northern and Central Areas. On a daily basis this position works with KARL STORZ Region Sales and Territory Managers to maintain and develop new opportunities for services.
Day to day activities include:
- Negotiating service agreements (Protection1®, No-Fault, On-Site Endoscopic Specialists and Custom Services) externally with customers and internally with legal and financial staff,
- Monitoring service sales so that the Area quota is achieved,
- Working with management in developing new service offerings designed to meet customers’ needs,
- Consulting with customers to resolve service issues and other special projects. The Sales Manager interacts heavily with Sales Directors, KARL STORZ Financial Services, Region Sales and Territory Managers on new product sales by combining a service offering with new sales.
- The Sales Manager provides direction for specific service related activities for Field Service Technicians (FST’s) in targeted accounts.
- Interaction with Health Care Systems occurs frequently in designing service related offerings and promotions for GPO's and IDN's.
- Cross function work occurs with internal department managers in the development of new promotions for services/ products. This position requires excellent communication, strong data analytics, presentation and organizational skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point is required.
- Travel up to 65%.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Independently and with the support of the various sales teams (Core, Emerging, Health Care Systems, KARL STORZ Capital) call on key accounts to promote all protection one services.
- Work cooperatively with the various sales teams including Core and Emerging Markets, KARL STORZ Capital, Healthcare Services and Area Directors to secure new business and maintain existing business.
- Track and monitor key account Protection1® Agreements to ensure that all are renewed prior to expiration.
- Develop custom pricing designed to maximize return on investment through thorough analysis as required.
- Maximize the use of company resources used in securing new and maintaining existing business. Report these expenses weekly via the Concur system.
- Plan and conduct quarterly business review meetings with the sales team for the assigned area.·Planning conduct annual business review meetings with key customers.
- A minimum education level of a, Bachelor’s Degree required - Technical/Engineering fields a plus
- Certifications/Credentials preferred CSPD
- Two years of experience in selling repair services or equivalent required
- Experience with reading data, data analysis and reporting
- Experience within the KS organization helpful
- Possess exceptional organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint required
This position requires daily driving to geographically dispersed accounts. If the candidate intends to drive a privately-owned vehicle, candidates:
- Must have a valid driver’s license in the state where the vehicle will be operated or in the state of residence.
- With convictions of one or more of the following offenses may not be eligible for this positon: conviction within 1 year of start date
- Three or more moving violations
- Two or more preventable accidents
- Conviction within 3 years of start date
- Being at fault in a fatal accident
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Reckless, negligent or careless driving
- Evading responsibility
KARL STORZ reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. Additionally, KARL STORZ, through its supervisors, may require an employee to perform duties outside their normal description within the sole discretion of the supervisor. Employee must comply will all applicable KARL STORZ policies and procedures