KARL STORZ Endoscopy-America, Inc., is an affiliate of KARL STORZ GmbH & Co. KG, an international leader for more than 70 years in reusable endoscope technology, encompassing all endoscopic specialties. Based in Tuttlingen, Germany, KARL STORZ GmbH & Co. KG is a family-owned company that designs, engineers, manufactures, and markets all its products with an emphasis on visionary design, precision craftsmanship and clinical effectiveness.
Headquartered in El Segundo, California, KARL STORZ Endoscopy-America is responsible for all U.S. distribution of endoscopes, instruments, imaging systems, electromechanical devices and OR1® integration technologies.
The Area Marketing Specialist (AMS) will play a key role in the Urology and Gynecology Marketing Team by working with local Account Executives on a targeted basis. The primary focus of the AMS will be to ensure effective implementation of the tactical marketing and sales plans in order to drive activities that will ensure sales growth and profitability. The AMS will focus on targeted products that are identified as key revenue generators, and will target healthcare professionals, customer accounts, KOL’s, Residency Programs, and Fellowship Programs that are vital to the successful future of the organization.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Acts as the key resource in delivering and implementing marketing strategies and initiatives to targeted customers. This position will act as the customer-facing counterpart to in-house Marketing Managers.
- Call focus will be with physicians and other Healthcare professionals (HCP’s) that are involved in product and procedural decision-making including KOL’s, Centers of Excellence (COE), Residency, and Fellowship Programs.
- Plans and staffs KSEA Resident training programs and other Uro/Gyn physician and HCP training programs.
- Participates in targeted activities at COE programs.
- Functions as a field sales training subject matter expert by contributing to the introduction and evaluation of new product launches and marketing materials as well as providing training to new hires.
- Acts as subject matter and technical expert resource to URO/GYN Account Executives for the Uro-Gyn product portfolio, imaging platforms, as well as a working knowledge of OR1.
- Contributes to the development of support and training materials, as well as with clinical trials and Regulatory Affairs studies, as needed.
- Will only attend cases when the local Account Executive is present. The responsibilities of this position will not include providing procedural coverage for the sales organization or an Account Executive.
- Identifies and communicates new sales opportunities, competitive activities, and new product development opportunities through the appropriate channels within KSEA in order to generate sustainable revenue growth for the Urology and Gynecology specialties.
- Troubleshoots product performance issues and assists in providing an acceptable resolution.
- Demonstrates command of relevant clinical literature and knowledge. Develops strong clinical arguments to support market development with internal and external customers.
- Develops an in-depth understanding of key business trends and market conditions through clinical research, metrics, coordination with customer interfacing teams and personal interaction with key customers.
- Monitors competitive landscape and learns competitive technology, products, strategies, strengths and weaknesses.
- Reports directly to the Director of Marketing with a dotted line to the Group Marketing Manager,s for Urology & Gynecology.
- Ability to work independantly and make effective decisions while taking general direction from the management team.
- Effectively prioritize work and schedule activities that maximize sales growth within their geography and supports marketing and sales goals.
- Works with appropriate cross functional team members.
- Assigned sales and budgetary objectives to achieve on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Ability to do work that may require lifting heavy objects in excess of 25 pounds.
- Travel requirement will be up to 70%.
- Professional writing, presentation, and communication skills.
- Protects employee, patient, and customer confidentiality.
- Provides timely information to the management team regarding issues, customer concerns, and market opportunities.
- Remains current on Urology and Gynecology products, services, and competitive landscape.
- A minimum education level of a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is require, MBA is preferred.
- Operating Room experience required.
- 5 to 9 years of medical sales or marketing experience required. Ideal candidate will have a combination of both medical sales and marketing experience.
- Demonstrated record of success working in a cross functional team environment.
- Ability to be highly adaptable in a complexi and changing environment while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
- Possess exceptional organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Previous experience selling or marketing reusable medical instruments and disposables preferred.
- Demonstrated strong professional spoken and written skills in communicating with coworkers and customers’ on a one-on-one, small, and large group basis.
- Proficient with using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point programs.
- Adheres to current organizational Performance Improvement priorities.
- Participates in departmental functions and provides positive content where appropriate.
- Makes recommendations and takes actions to improve outcomes of departmental activities.
- Displays willingness and ability to continuously evaluate and improve job functions and performance.
- Participates in educational activities to enhance responsibilities in marketing and product management.
- Demonstrates the ability to successfully perform data analysis and provide interpretation as required to various senior management groups.
- Develops quarterly competitive reports (e.g., competitor’s activities, new product introductions, product performance issues, sales force changes, etc.).
KARL STORZ reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. Additionally, KARL STORZ, through its supervisors, may require an employee to perform duties outside their normal description within the sole discretion of the supervisor. Employee must comply will all applicable KARL STORZ policies and procedures.
KSEA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, KSEA complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.