Area Business Manager, Valencia Region Madrid Spain,
|External Posting Title||Area Business Manager, Valencia Region|
|Job Description||The Area Business Manager is expected to maximize territory sales performance by developing and executing an effective business plan. Doing so necessitates utilizing resources provided by Biogen Idec, analyzing territory performance, identifying customer needs, defining action plans and implementing local marketing strategies, and organizing programs and related efforts that will positively impact others understanding of and interest in the assigned products. The ABM is responsible for executing these activities within both internal and external compliance regulations and territory budgets. The ABM shall be involved in special projects and pilots.|
|Job Category||Commercial Operations, Sales & Marketing|
• Several years of pharmaceutical/health care sales experience, preferably in specialty sales
• Proven and sustained track record of reaching and exceeding sales goals
• Strong selling skills and interpersonally savvy
• Excellent knowledge of the Swiss healthcare Market
• Good IT skills
• Ideally, experience in project management
• Works independently while collaborating proactively with both cross-functional partners and other colleagues in the assigned territory;
• Leads cross functionally partners in the assigned territory
• Must proactively address emerging problems by working remotely to collaborate with internal partners and colleagues;
• Requires a command of highly scientific and technical subject matter
• Strong analytical ability
• Professional presence
• Thrives on autonomy and independence
• Very good communication skills
• Planful and organized
• Ability to deal with ambiguity
• Drive and desire for success
• Very customer, market and objective oriented
• Strong team player with ability to motivate others
• High ethical standards and compliance with the Biogen Idec Code of Business Conduct
• Shows winning attitude, drive positive attitude and x-functional cooperation (incl. adherence to MAOP)
• Pro-active best practice sharing, and territory support / cooperation
• Asks actively for feedback to improve own performance and grows him-/herself and other team members
• Wants to be a role model employee of BIIB Switzerland
• Natural sciences, medical, para-medical, economic education or any other relevant background
|About Biogen||Corporate Overview|
Through cutting-edge science and medicine, Biogen discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. Biogen is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer s disease, Parkinson s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). Biogen also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics. Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry. To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion. As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment. In 2015, we became a carbon neutral company and ranked first place on Newsweek s 2015 Green Rankings, and we are an industry leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Biogen was named to Science s list of Top Employers of 2015 and in 2017 received a perfect score of 100 for the fourth consecutive year on the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equality Index, which also named Biogen as one of its Best Places to Work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.
Job Segment: Biotech, Pharmaceutical Sales, Regional Manager, Pharmaceutical, Science, Sales, Management, Research
Find a Job Find Candidates