This job is currently Archived,
Posted on : 05 May 2017
- We are seeking to strengthen our Innovation & Science team by appointing a new Aqua Scientist.
- Our new aqua scientist will play a pivotal role in deepening and broadening scientific knowledge of the effects of QRILL on aquaculture-farmed species, across the organization. The scientist will both have various scientific duties and support resources across all functions within the Innovation & Science Department.
- If you would like to work in an innovative and dynamic environment, characterized by highly skilled and team oriented people, you should keep reading!
- As our new Aqua scientist, you will both administrate ongoing science projects and update the organization on science.
- An important part of the role will be to make science and knowledge accessible and communicable to internal and external stakeholders, by providing material, presentations etc. and give talks at academic conferences and trade shows.
Other important responsibilities:
- Stay updated on relevant developments within the scientific field and ensure that new knowledge is communicated to the entire organization
- Plan, design and monitor progress of scientific studies
- Review literature in the krill biology, phospholipid and omega-3 area and develop novel hypotheses for target indications, write reports and peer-reviewed publications
- Build and maintain networks and relations with relevant scientists
- Manage company s Aqua science documentation program
- Support other departments on ad hoc scientific related requests
- Contribute to the development of a long-term science strategy
- The right candidate has excellent analytical, research & innovation skills and a background within a research environment (aquaculture, palaeoceanography, zoology or similar) with experience and knowledge from the marine sector.
- You should be able to work to tight deadlines and adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Team oriented and great communication skills
- Humble in interaction with different stakeholders
- Self-driven and performs with a high level of independence
- Eager to learn and secure company`s position as the world-leading supplier of krill-derived products
- PhD in aquaculture, paleoceanography, zoology or similar
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience
- Beneficial to have experience from the marine sector and/or consumer products
- Beneficial with solid lab experience and science publications
- Excellent oral and written English and Norwegian
- This is a challenging role for an ambitious individual wishing to develop their career.
- We will make sure that you will continue to grow and learn within a company that continuously drive for development.
- In return, we ask for your passion, enthusiasm and commitment. Hope you will be a part of our journey towards our goal!
Find a Job Find Candidates