Apprentice Control Technician - United Kingdom
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company's films are the world’s leading differentiated producer of PET and PEN polyester films.
- Over 3,000 people work with us around the world while, our team operate two manufacturing plants producing polymer and film for a wide range of markets and applications.
- We currently have an opportunity at our site for Apprentice Control Technicians.
- The duties of a control technician include the maintenance, overhaul and troubleshooting of plant control systems, including, AC/DC motors, drive systems, PLC’s, instrumentation, control valves and electrical installation.
- Our 4 year apprenticeships are an ideal platform for a successful career. Apprentices gain qualifications through colleges of further education whilst also gaining practical skills and capabilities by shadowing and working alongside our qualified personnel. On completion, apprentices will be qualified to a minimum of HNC level and have attained a SVQ at Level 3.
- Adhere to the company core values and site policies and procedures
- To achieve the required skills, capabilities and technical knowledge to become a competent Control Technician
- Develop an understanding of equipment operation and control systems
- Achieve the required Higher National Certificate and SVQ qualifications
- Minimum of 3 National Level 5 qualifications which include Maths, English and a Science or Engineering Subject plus 2 Highers, one of which must be Maths or Physics, alternatively, a relevant engineering qualification to a minimum of NC level 6.
- Ability to work both within a team and under own initiative
- Demonstrate good interpersonal and communication skills
- Competent in PC Skills
- An understanding of basic health and safety