Applications Scientist for Aqualog and AQOL
HORIBA is a global group of companies that develops, manufactures and provides an extensive array of analytical and measurement equipment to countries around the world. HORIBA Instruments Inc., a leading manufacturer of scientific instruments, has an opening for an Applications Scientist for Aqualog and AQOL in the Edison, NJ office.
- Organize and supervise global installation and applications/service training program for online optical monitoring systems (Hardware and Software)
- Coordinate development/testing of software and hardware applications for online optical monitoring systems including drinking-, waste-, and recycling-water treatment plants
- Develop global sales and support strategy for retail Aqualog systems with Datastream dashboard including coordination of on-site installation and model calibration optimization.
- Coordinate development of ASTM and ISO protocols for optical and remote WTP monitoring systems
- Coordinate, cultivate and manage global customer accounts and sales opportunities
- Established Ph.D. in water treatment technology with proven postdoctoral accomplishments and publication record in the subject of dissolved organic matter removal or disinfection by-product formation.
- Experience with water treatment plant operations, EPA/DEP regulations and international regulatory norm development procedures
- Experience with optical spectroscopy (UV-VIS, Fluorescence, Color, Turbidity) and preferably other related methods (GC, GC/MS, LC-OCD, TOC)
- Knowledge of Algal, Oil/PAH and other water contamination and monitoring issues
- Understanding of membrane treatment technologies (Reverse/Forward osmosis and Micro-, Nano-, Ultra-Filtration), UV-treatment and advanced oxidation
- Programming experience with Matlab, Excel, HTML/Java relating to Multivariate Analysis of Optical Spectroscopic Data (PARAFAC, PCA)
- Proven public presentation and communication record (Please document)
- Domestic and International travel up to 40%
HORIBA offers a full benefit package which includes:
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life & Disability
- Vacation, Sick and Holiday Pay
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401K with company match
- Flexible Spending Account