Applications Manager, R&D - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
What you'll be doing:
- The Applications Manager for the Life Science Group is responsible for a multi-functional, internationally distributed team of scientists who develop commercialization and sales content, evaluate competitor technologies, support customer collaborations, and maintain partnerships with Marketing, Sales, and R&D stakeholders.
- The Applications Manager will proactively partner with Marketing in a multidisciplinary effort to plan, prioritize and execute experiments in support of Marketing Applications needs for our company’s life science products in accordance with the groups overall business objectives.
- The Manager will report to the Director of Molecular and Cellular Biology.
- In this role, the Applications Manager for the Life Science Group will:
- Interact with Marketing teams to plan and develop Applications material in support new and existing products.
- Assist with developing technical requirements and establishing project schedules and project documentation.
- Design and conduct experiments and troubleshooting activities to support Applications development.
- Compile data and prepare technical reports for presentation to senior management.
- Author and review technical literature for Sales and Marketing support.
- Assure that the needs of the customer are reflected in the final Application.
- Interact with R&D, Marketing, Sales, Advanced Research, and Business Development teams within the organization, or vendor and customer groups to insure efficient information transfer, technical training and customer satisfaction.
What you need for this role:
- Ph.D. in Molecular and/or Cell Biology, Biochemistry or similar life science discipline.
- Experience in industry or equivalent work in a research and development environment required.
- In depth knowledge and direct experience with methods, instrumentation, and software used inflow-cytometry, and cell sorting, lab scale and process chromatography, electrophoresis, western blotting, protein analysis, qPCR and ddPCR.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with all levels of staff, with differing functional expertise within the organization, including Marketing, R&D, and Sales.
- Strong oral and written communications skills with a demonstrated ability to lead a cross-functional team and the ability to communicate effectively, including technical writing and presentation experience.
- Professional demeanor with strong decision making skills.
- The ability to anticipate and solve problems, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Competitive pay and great benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k and more.
- Opportunities for growth and training.
- Stability of a profitable 60+ year old company.
- Great work environment.
- Our company is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products.
- With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
- Our company was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
- To all recruitment agencies: Our company does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a company Staffing Representative.
- Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Our company will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.