Application Specialist - Switzerland
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Work in an international and dynamic environment, share our success! Our company is a leading player in the fast growing global life science supply industry.
- We are specialized in the development, production and distribution of automation solutions for laboratories in the market segments life sciences, clinical diagnostics and forensics.
- We offer you the opportunity to work in a dynamic, growing Biotech company and being an active member to participate in our success.
- To support our vision of solution provider within our Life Science Business we are looking for an Application Specialist .
- Genomic application development on company’s liquid handling platforms in our Genomics laboratory in Switzerland
- Responsibility for maintenance of the Genomics laboratory, including ordering supplies and fulfilling documentation requirements according to GLP
- Technical point of contact for external collaborators and in internal application development projects, in the area of Genomics and Next Generation Sequencing
- Application life cycle management for the assigned application
- Give recommendations towards the technical development of applications
- Collection of technical and scientific feedback from customers and partners on required application features
- Identify business opportunity ideas
- Support applications and products to achieve profitability goals of assigned product lines
- Work closely wit Product
and Market Managers during the product development phase
- Support the preparation of all necessary documentation according to the product development process
- Execute pre- and post-launch activities (e.g. testing, technical and marketing literature, trainings)
- Support marketing activities of the assigned applications especially in the area of Genomics
- For this position we are looking for a person with Biology /Biochemistry degree or equivalent with a knowledge of the currently genomics laboratory techniques.
- A background in life science automation especially in the area of liquid handling would be an advantage.
- Experience in technical support of applications in the life sciences is a strong plus.
- An understanding of innovation development processes for applications and products would be an advantage.
- With your integrative and analytical way of thinking and the ability to work methodically and accurately you will demonstrate a professional attitude to fulfil the requirements of this position. Very good English skills are essential.
- Any other language skills are of strong advantage.