Application Specialist - Belgium, Netherlands
- Provide application support by conducting operator training, troubleshooting, aid with installation and validation of company analyses and IT systems.
- Provide educational and scientific support in the form of preparation of training, educational and promotional material, organization and participation in scientific symposium and workshops to promote the clinical value of the company product offering to both customers and the sales and marketing team.
- It is essential to maintain maximum customer satisfaction by ensuring systems continue to operate within specification through application excellence and direct customer communication. Although this position is office based it will require national and some European travel.
- Degree or Diploma in Biomedical Technology/ Biomedical Engineering in an appropriate category
- IVD industry exposure would be an advantage
- 3 years experience post qualification within an appropriate medical laboratory setting
- registration with HPCSA in an appropriate category
Competencies / Requirements:
- An independent, motivated self-starter, with above average and proven record of organizing, analytical, problem solving follow-up skills.
- Provide product application support (demonstration, training, troubleshooting, problem solving, typically in operating theatres)
- Ensure that software updates, maintenance procedures and complaint handling are dealt efficiently and effectively
- Ability to handle IT applications
- Good communication capabilities
- Flexible team player with a positive working attitude, strong target and sales orientation and a strong sense of responsibility
- Willingness to travel locally and abroad at regular intervals: 45-70%
- Applications Training: distributors and operators
- Application Support: troubleshooting, product evaluation, tender support and analyzer demonstration
- Scientific and educational support: conduct literature searches and critically appraise scientific publications as required.
- Support sales department in symposium and other scientific events.