Application Scientist, House Hold Care, (9 months) - Denmark
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- We work in close partnership with our customers and the global community to make a sustainable impact.
- We use science to advance industries, and as part of Household Care & Technical Industries, you will take part in providing game-changing biological solutions that improve industrial processes and everyday products from textiles to detergents.
Application Scientist in House Hold Care, Professional Cleaning (9 months)
- We are looking for a creative and result-oriented scientist to help drive the application of enzymes into professional cleaning segments like medical equipment, industrial and institutional facilities, and production equipment.
- Cleaning is closely related to health. The risk of acquiring an infection in the hospital is well known and out breaks of lethal infections from contaminated foods also frequently hit the news. Often times microbial biofilms are the culprit because they are highly recalcitrant to cleaning chemicals, disinfectants and antibiotics.
- As an application scientist you are responsible for development of methods to test and optimize the performance of enzymes in professional cleaning applications.
- The focus will be on generating sound scientific data to support promotion of commercially available enzymes into professional cleaning applications.
- Most projects will be conducted in collaboration with customers - detergent producers or service providers - or end users like the hospitals or the food industry. Good collaboration skills are needed to coordinate and conduct trials at test facilities, with customers or internally in our company.
- A strong scientific background (PhD or MSc level) in biochemistry, microbiology, chemical engineering or the like combined with relevant, practical work experience in applied science, preferably related to enzymes or cleaning applications.
- Experience with microbial fouling and bio-film formation is a plus.
- Creativity, sound scientific basis and experience which will enable you to develop lab and pilot-scale models to mimic industrial and institutional cleaning processes.
- To enjoy working in the lab yourself to set up and troubleshoot the experiments, and generate results for promotion of the solutions.
- To be comfortable with engaging and collaborating with international customers and colleagues and have the confidence to proactively drive the project forward. You thrive in a challenging and in-formal working environment.
- Our company is the world leader in biological solutions.
- Together with customers, partners and the global community, we improve industrial performance while preserving the planet’s resources and helping build better lives. As the world’s largest provider of enzyme and microbial technologies, our bio-innovation enables higher agricultural yields, low-temperature washing, energy-efficient production, renewable fuel and many other benefits that we rely on today and in the future.