Application Scientist - Belgium
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- We are a Belgium based instrumentation company, bringing micro-volume molecular spectroscopy to the next level by combining best in class analytical software with a highly standardized read-out platform.
- The company currently commercializes two instruments. Both types use microfluidic chips for standardized sample analysis.
- The company is further complemented with a software toolbox for improved data interpretation and lab-automation.
- As Application Scientist in the Research, Development and Applications department, you will develop new methods for quantitation and QC of biological samples.
- You will co-develop and fine-tune analysis algorithms using our software toolbox, generating new applications on our analytical instruments for genetic and proteomic sample quantification and QC.
- Other key tasks include the coordination of development projects, both internal as well as in collaboration with external partners, design and set-up of lab experiments, validation of new approaches and ensuring accurate data interpretation.
- In close collaboration with marketing and customer support, you will assist in the support of application and technical questions from our customers.
- At times, you will represent company on international conferences and trade shows, to provide technical details to the market and gather feedback for future developments.
- Do you like a dynamic environment that acts swiftly on novel trends in biological sample analytics?
- PhD or equivalent by experience in Molecular Biology, Bioscience Engineering, Biochemistry, …
- Experience with protein (and/or DNA, RNA) sample handling, purification and assay set-up is required.
- Experience with a wide range of analytical lab equipment.
- Eager to learn new technologies and keep up to par with recent market developments.
- High affinity with instrumentation software and analytical algorithms.
- High affinity for experimental design and execution.
- Well-organized in practical planning and documentation, reporting on regular basis and action follow-up.
- Problem solver with hands-on and practical approach.
- Customer and service oriented.
- Fluent in English, other languages are a plus.
- Good scientific writing skills.
- Good social skills and clear communicator.
The working environment at our company is very dynamic, built on innovation and global expansion and comes with a great deal of independence within the job function. You will have the opportunity to work with an enthusiastic, growing team and contribute to the innovation and expansion of the company technology and customer base. Within the company , you will have the opportunity and means to develop your skills and experiences.