Application Development Scientist - Canada
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is a global technology leader driving growth and initiative in the Environmental and Human Health Science markets.
- We are seeking a highly motivated integrated solutions scientist to join our Inorganic BU Group to develop applications and solutions to customers.
- The successful candidate will be a key contributor in a global team to drive key application identification, development and deployment.
- Develop integrated application solutions for global inorganic markets using ICP-MS based technology, including sample preparation, method development, application development and related consumables kits
- Lead strategic technology evaluation activities and provide technical assessment to the ICP-MS product manager, assist the ICP-MS product manager to formulate and drive application, product and technology road-map.
- As a BU team member to identify key application topics according to customer requirements and market trend and deploy the solutions after development.
- Be a global application harbor across different teams.
- Work closely with regional product specialists across the world and manage the application library to better support both the commercial team and customers.
- Provide technical support to key sustaining engineering projects to deliver fast response to urgent field case or opportunity.
- And act as consultant as required to R&D team and operation team.
- Understand the regulatory framework regionally and identify opportunities to gain regulatory penetration, both in terms of representation on panels and new methods.
- Gain insight into regulatory trends and timings.
- Be flexible to perform other related duties as assigned
- PhD or MS with equivalent experience related to the development and validation solutions using ICP-MS
- 3+ years of recent scientific experience in inorganic analysis domain (ICP-MS)
- Hands on experience of ICP-MS and sample preparation.
- Ability to troubleshoot and work independently under pressure of deadlines as well as the desire to work in a fast paced, team environment
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Must be detail oriented, highly organized
- Ability to succeed in a global fast-paced environment, working on multiple projects with constantly changing priorities and deadlines
- Excellent team orientation