Aphea.Bio is a young start-up company that focuses on the exploitation of natural, beneficial interactions that occur between microorganisms and plants. Aphea.Bio discovers and develops new biology-based agricultural products for crop protection and crop improvement, hence shaping a more sustainable agriculture.
We are seeking highly motivated and innovative technicians to help us carry out the research and development of novel and superior agricultural biological products. Successful candidates will become part of a committed, creative and highly dynamic team with opportunities to take responsibility and for personal development.
Aphea.Bio is based in Gent, Belgium embedded in the largest European Agro-Biotech valley.
To strengthen its R&D team Aphea.Bio is looking for a greenhouse technician that will be involved in organizing and executing of a broad range of greenhouse experiments.
- Planning and practical implementation of greenhouse projects
- Sowing, transplanting, sampling, plant management (daily inspection), seed/leaf harvesting, seed cleaning
- Analyzing, interpretation, evaluation and recording of procedures and results
- Greenhouse management
- Green fingers and a great love for plants
- Experience in growing wheat and/or maize varieties
- Well organized, accurate, patient and flexible
- Excellent planning and time management skills
- Being able to work autonomous
- Experience in wheat and maize agronomy
- Strong capability to coordinate and to communicate to R&D team
- Advanced practical knowledge of Excel
Education and Experience:
- Three or more years of experience in planting, managing and harvesting plants
- At least 2 years’ experience in greenhouse activities
- Experience in wheat and or maize growth is a plus
- Computer skills: proficiency in Word, Power Point and Excel applications.
- Language skills: fluent in English (written and verbal)
- Interpersonal skills: team player, creative, communicative, optimist, committed, flexible, entrepreneurial, organized, problem-solver