Antibody Discovery Senior Scientist I - United States
- To be a key member of a team focusing on antibody discovery for the development of antibody-based therapeutics.
- To independently design, develop and execute methodologies and workflows for hybridoma and B-cell-cloning for fully human antibody discovery and screening, high-throughput antibody sequence isolation, reformatting, recombinant antibody expression, and lead antibody identification.
- To establish information tracking and material management systems associated with the antibody discovery processes, and to provide material for in depth antibody evaluation and selection.
- To document protocols and foster sharing of expertise as a scientific resource for others in the organization based on extensive knowledge of antibodies and antibody discovery.
- This individual needs to work closely with the protein expression and purification teams to develop optimal screen reagents, and will need to keep effective communications in a multi-functional team setting.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- PhD in Immunology, cell biology, molecular biology, protein/antibody engineering or related fields and with at least 5-6+ years industry experience, or equivalent.
- Must have in-depth knowledge and expertise with independently designing workflows for hybridoma and B-cell-cloning for fully human antibody discovery and screening.
- Experience in high-throughput antibody sequence isolation, reformatting, recombinant antibody expression, and lead antibody identification is needed.
- This individual must be self-motivated, with a proven record of working in a multi-functional team setting, and is effective in sharing learning and expertise.
- Strong skills in communication, problem solving, cross-function collaboration, planning, documentation, and organization are required.
- < 5% of time as required to support business needs
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.