This job is currently Archived,
Animal Technician Tranent United Kingdom,
Charles River (company)
Posted on : 21 April 2017
- Our company is one of the world s largest Contract Research Organisations with more than 10,000 employees in 26 countries and a market leader in the provision of product development services. We take a passionate approach to improving human and animal health.
- Our company is uniquely designed to meet the needs of our clients in the Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Veterinary Medicine and Agrochemical sectors.
At our world class facility, our Technical Services Department currently has an exciting career opportunity for an Experienced Licenced Animal Technician .
Due to our continued growth and success, we can offer rewarding opportunities in a research environment. As a significantly experienced Home Office Licenced Animal Technician you ll join a team who show empathy and respect for the animals in our care and who are looking for a rewarding career working with a broad range of species.
- You will be in charge of running the day to day performance of studies according to protocols provided and in accordance with your Home Office licence and standard operating procedures
- You will supervise the study team under the direction of the Senior Technician to ensure adequate performance of these technical teams on project work
- You will be required to undertake different routes of dosing procedures and administer the test item as required by protocols
- You will be required to train junior staff in various procedures
Applicants should have:
- Minimum 5 standard grades (must have English, Maths and a Science subject) or Possession of an IAT Certificate.
- Home Office licence and a good understanding of the Animal (Scientific Procedures) Act 1986 and the 3R s.
- Significant experience of working as a licenced animal technician in a contract research environment.
- Ability to demonstrate consistent and accurate data recording to GLP standards.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Competitive salary.
- Comprehensive benefits package: pension plan, life assurance, annual bonus arrangement and private health care
- Excellent career development & training opportunities.
- Humane Care Initiative: CRL is a worldwide leader in the humane care of laboratory animals.
- Company & Team Volunteer Days: get paid to participate in One Day,our company Social Responsibility Program.
- Employee Engagement programming: Various social programming and events such as on-site team building, charity fundraising days, holiday festivities and ice cream days in the summer!
- Subsidised Staffroom.
- Free onsite car parking.
Tranent United Kingdom
Find a Job Find Candidates