This job is currently Archived,
Animal Care Technician I South San Francisco United States,
Charles River (company)
Posted on : 07 April 2017
- Perform daily health observations with demonstrated ability to recognize and report abnormalities and common signs of illness
- Handle and restrain rodents.
- Maintain accurate records (e.g. documentation of various facility procedures & metrics).
- Perform routine facility sanitation procedures; maintain a clean, clutter-free facility.
- Prepare and stock room supplies
- Monitor and record facility environmental parameters.
- Perform euthanasia procedures as directed
- Perform sentinel husbandry procedures to include assisting in receiving , housing and shipping sentinel animals as requested
- Assist in receiving process; monitor the inventory and provide order requests for animal food, bedding and enrichment
- Operate husbandry-related equipment (e.g. cage washers, autoclaves, laminar air flow cabinets, etc.) using approved validation technologies.
- Wash, autoclave and prepare caging and equipment.
- Recognize and appropriately respond to facility alarms.
- Discard expired (non-regulated) supplies.
- Adhere to proper handling and disposal procedures for hazardous materials.
- Keep assigned areas well maintained.
- Foster a safe work environment for self and colleagues.
- Provide logistical support, standard supplies and caging/ equipment for investigators.
- May provide study support on non-invasive techniques including, but not limited to, animal fasting, body weight, food and water measurement, mating, plug check, etc.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned
South San Francisco, California
Find a Job Find Candidates