Animal Care Technician I Shrewsbury United States,
Charles River (company)
For nearly 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking an experienced Animal Care Technician I for our Safety Assessment site located in Shrewsbury, MA.
Responsible for performing operational, administrative and technical tasks to provide comprehensive care for all species of laboratory animals at the site, including: daily health observations, feeding/watering, sanitizing primary and secondary enclosures, environmental enrichment, handling and restraint and related tasks. Assist with the movement of animals and stocking of supplies. May serve as lead/primary technician and perform technical duties with guidance.
The following are minimum requirements related to the Animal Care Technician I position:
- Education: High school diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D.) required.
- Experience: Minimum of 6 months related experience in animal research and/or husbandry preferred or must have demonstrated full knowledge of competencies and positive performance at the previous level. Experience working in a regulated environment preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: AALAS certification at the ALAT level preferred
- Other: Ability to handle common laboratory animal species. Basic knowledge of GLP regulations preferred. Ability to work on assignments that are semi-routine in nature in which ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required. Ability to receive and understand general instructions on routine work and detailed instructions on new assignments.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet
Find a Job Find Candidates