Animal Care Technician I - United States
Charles River (company)
Responsible for performing operational, administrative and technical tasks to provide comprehensive care for all species of laboratory animals at the site, including: daily health observations, feeding/watering, sanitizing primary and secondary enclosures, environmental enrichment, handling and restraint and related tasks. Assist with the movement of animals and stocking of supplies. May serve as lead/primary technician and perform technical duties with guidance.
Shift Schedule: Sun-Thurs
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D.) required.
- Experience: Minimum of 6 months related experience in animal research and/or husbandry preferred or must have demonstrated full knowledge of competencies and positive performance at the previous level. Experience working in a regulated environment preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: AALAS certification at the ALAT level preferred
- Other: Ability to handle common laboratory animal species. Basic knowledge of GLP regulations preferred. Ability to work on assignments that are semi-routine in nature in which ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required. Ability to receive and understand general instructions on routine work and detailed instructions on new assignments.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet