Animal Care Technician I - United States
Charles River (company)
Perform daily animal husbandry duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Clean laboratory animal rooms and laboratory animal housing according to a schedule devised by senior personnel. Includes floor sweeping and washing, cage washing, changing of cage pans, removal of animal waste, changing and washing of water bottles and feeders, sanitizing carts, surgery tables, kick stools, water supply bottles and feed barrels.
- Record and initial all required in relevant room/logbook records.
- Feed and water laboratory animals, and monitor feed and water consumption of animals.
- Change room filters and clean vents behind them.
- For rooms monitored by temp-scribe devices, observe and report room temperature and humidity valuable outside of acceptable ranges.
- Monitor and record chlorine level, air flow and light timer checks.
- Receive, store and distribute supplies. Report low inventory to supervisor.
- May assist in handling and grooming, weighing of and receiving of animals.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Education: High School diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D) preferred.
- Experience: Animal handling in a veterinary or commercial or industry establishment preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: LAT, ALAT, or LATG preferred.
- Other: Must be able to perform accurate data record keeping in compliance with GLP guidelines. Must be able to meet core competencies of an Animal Care Technician I.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet