Animal Care Technician I - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Perform routine animal husbandry and welfare duties as directed
- Supply appropriate food and water for animals housed in the vivarium.
- Clean and provide animal housing and associated materials/equipment within assigned animal rooms
- Observe and report status of animal health, food and water consumption, appearance, behavior; provide support in animal health monitoring and basic veterinary medical treatment as prescribed by the veterinary staff.
- Observe and record vivarium environmental conditions.
- Perform sanitation duties within assigned animal rooms and vivarium areas.
- Maintain and perform housekeeping of facility support areas.
- Support cagewash equipment operations and maintenance
- Adhere to Charles River and facility departmental safety policies and departmental SOPs and guidelines while demonstrating competency in facility safety protocols.
- Establish and maintain appropriate and quality communication, teamwork, collaboration, and cooperation.
- Basic computer knowledge such as email, online forms, web-based training and other basic programs.
- Other duties may include housekeeping/janitorial , inventory management, receiving goods, stocking supplies and other work in support of a vivarium
- Education: High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience: Two to four years related husbandry experience in a laboratory animal facility.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for the requirements as listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: AALAS certification at the Assistant Laboratory Animal Technician level (ALAT). Uncertified candidates will be required to achieve certification at the ALAT level within one (1) year of hire/promotion required.
Equal Employment Opportunity