This job is currently Archived,
Animal Care Technician I (GH - LAM) - United States
Charles River (company)
Posted on : 11 July 2017
- For nearly 70 years, our company employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies.
- When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe.
- Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform.
- In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about
- We are seeking an experienced Animal Care Technician I for our Safety Assessment site.
- In addition to providing comprehensive care for all species of laboratory animals at the site, the Animal Care Technician I will also be responsible for performing operational and administrative tasks.
- You will conduct daily health observations, perform husbandry, sanitize primary and secondary enclosures, and perform handling and restraint of laboratory animals. You may also serve as lead/primary technician and perform technical duties with guidance.
About Safety Assessment Business
- Our company is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market.
- Each year approximately 120 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.
The following are minimum requirements related to the Animal Care Technician I position.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D.)
- Minimum of 6 months related experience in animal research and/or husbandry preferred or must have demonstrated full knowledge of competencies and positive performance at the previous level. Experience working in a regulated environment preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- AALAS certification at the ALAT level preferred.
- Ability to handle common laboratory animal species. Basic knowledge of GLP regulations preferred.
- Ability to work on assignments that are semi-routine in nature in which ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required.
- Ability to receive and understand general instructions on routine work and detailed instructions on new assignments.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our company is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet