This job is currently Archived,
Animal Care Technician I - United States
Charles River (company)
Posted on : 13 June 2017
- For nearly 70 years, our company employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies.
- When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
- Your primary role will include providing technical research services directly supporting the research protocols, working in partnership with research staff members in the conduct of biomedical research to include:
- Reviews, comprehends and complies with all SOP's and quality assurance standards pertaining to specific area. Monitors daily animal health and welfare while performing daily animal health observations, animal husbandry duties to maintain quality and health of research animals, to include: perform daily water bottle /automatic water line and cage checks; provide appropriate food and water; perform cage changing and/or cage cleaning as required; record animal health concerns per SOP and/or specified protocols.
- Maintains accurate records of animal breeding, health, and housing/isolator or support areas as required by Institute and facility.
- Assists with restraint, handling and manipulation of various animal species as assigned by the on-site Supervisor or facility veterinarian.
- Strictly follows all procedures necessary to maintain animal housing areas or semi-rigid isolator environments, including room or facility personnel entry; personnel protective equipment use, spraying in all equipment and materials into controlled areas.
- Receives, inspects and puts away incoming animals; ensures and provides for sentinel animals in each rodent housing area.
- May be involved in strictly maintaining and following breeding and weaning procedures to ensure appropriate production levels.
The following are minimum requirements related to the Animal Care Technician position.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 1 year of animal husbandry experience OR BS degree in Animal Science or related discipline with some animal care experience preferred. AALAS certification at the Assistant Technician (ALAT) level preferred OR achievement of ALAT certification within one year of assignment required.
About Insourcing Solutions Business
Our company In sourcing Solutions can streamline research by delivering operational and cost efficiencies through the strategic in sourcing of GMP, GLP and non-GLP research services from discovery through safety assessment. In sourcing Solutions provides you with the ability to maintain control of your facility and expertise while leveraging available space.
- For nearly 70 years, our employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies.
- When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe.
- Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform.
- In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
- Our company is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development.
- Our company also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities.
- Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
- With over 11,000 employees within 70 facilities in 18 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges.
- Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2016, revenue increased by 23.3% to $1.68 billion from $1.36 billion in 2015.
- We are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives.
- Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe.
- We have proudly supported the development of ~70% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2016.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our company is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet