This job is currently Archived,
Animal Care Technician I Cambridge United States,
Charles River (company)
Posted on : 02 May 2017
- Review, comprehend and comply with all SOPs and quality assurance standards pertaining to laboratory animals for research.
- Monitor daily animal health and welfare while performing daily animal health observations. Perform animal husbandry duties to maintain quality and health of research animals, to include: perform daily water bottle /automatic water line and cage checks; provide appropriate food and water; perform cage changing and/or cage cleaning as required; record animal health concerns per SOP and/or specified protocols.
- Perform daily cage wash duties and sanitation.
- Maintain accurate records of animal breeding, health, and housing/isolator or support areas as required by Institute and facility.
- Assist with restraint, handling and manipulation of various animal species as assigned by the on-site supervisor or facility veterinarian.
- Dispose of animal carcasses following established procedures.
- Strictly follow all procedures necessary to maintain animal housing areas or isolator environments, including room or facility personnel entry and personnel protective equipment use.
- Receive, inspect and put away incoming animals; ensure and provide for sentinel animals in each rodent housing area.
- May be involved in strictly maintaining and following breeding and weaning procedures to ensure appropriate production levels.
- Operate equipment and use supplies according to safety guidelines; perform general housekeeping and adhere to safety procedures.
- Maintain required attendance level and adherence to work schedule in accordance with required staffing levels in order to ensure that assigned duties are completed.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Find a Job Find Candidates