About The Department
- The Animal Facility Department support the Dog and Rodent Pharmacology.
- The Animal Facility team strives to deliver a culture of care with industry-leading animal ethics.
- Ethical considerations and animal welfare are always given high priority with designing and construction of animal facility in our company.
- The ambition of the Animal Facility team is to continuously improve via collaboration and to work as an example for other research facilities in the region.
- Animal care takers, in collaborate with veterinarians and pharmacologists, are constantly looking for new ways to replace, reduce and refine the use of animals.
- Animal care taker is responsible for high quality care for our laboratory animals in our state of the art animal facility.
- The duty of animal care taker normally has following characteristics:
- Taking daily care of the animals according to our global standards.
- Being first line responsible for observing animal health and welfare and report any issues to veterinarian or department manager
- Participation in and assist in some procedures of pharmacology experiments.
- Having a close collaboration and assist in supervisor and team leader to coordinate team work with other animal caretakers, responsible veterinarian, RA and scientist.
- College/ BS or Associate Degree -More than 0.5 year experience with demonstrated knowledge with handling and taking care of laboratory animals
- A high awareness of and interest in animal ethics and animal welfare.
- Able to proactively communicate with manager to ensure rapid corrective actions if animal health and welfare is not optimal.
- Flexible attitude towards changing working hours.
- Proactive and able to take responsibility beyond own tasks.
- Communicating and collaborating in a positive and motivating way, good team-player, highly flexible and have a “can-do” approach.
- Good command of spoken and written English will be considered an advantage.
Working with Us:
- Your skills, dedication and ambition help us change lives for the better.
- In exchange, we offer you an opportunity to work with extraordinary talent and benefit from a range of possibilities for professional and personal development.