Animal Care/Breeding Technician I - United States
When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
- Fundamental to basic research and discovery is the use of in vivo models to help identify disease targets and determine potential biological pathways that regulate the condition. As the world’s leader in the production and distribution of the highest quality research animal, with 1 out of 2 animal models produced for preclinical research globally, we understand the importance of this step. With seven decades of experience, our expertise is unmatched, allowing us to provide the perfect model, including disease-specific and preconditioned options, for basic research and beyond.
Plan options range from Medical, Dental, and Vision to Critical Illness, Pet Insurance, and a 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a company match.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D.).
- Minimum of six to twelve months’ experience working in an environment where tasks are performed according to standard operating procedures, rules, or regulations, where efficiency and accuracy are critical, and keeping accurate and complete records is required.
- Experience working in an environment where tasks are performed according to standard operating procedures (SOPs), rules, or regulations, where efficiency and accuracy are critical, and keeping accurate and thorough records is required.
- Demonstrated ability to regularly perform work in a physically demanding role requiring them to stand, squat, lift up to 50 pounds, move about, and ascend and descend ladders.
- Rotation in Weekend and Holiday Schedules Required.
- Compressed work week: M-Th 9 hours, F 4 hours; Flexible Start Time 5:00, 5:30, or 6:00 AM.
- For nearly 70 years, our employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies.
- When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe.
- Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform.
- In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
- Our company is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development.
- Our company also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities.
- Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
- With over 11,000 employees within 70 facilities in 18 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges.
- Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2016, revenue increased by 23.3% to $1.68 billion from $1.36 billion in 2015.
- We are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives.
- Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe.
- We have proudly supported the development of ~70% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2016.
Equal Employment Opportunity