This job is currently Archived,
Animal Care Assistant - United States
Charles River (company)
Posted on : 25 June 2017
- For nearly 70 years, our company employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies.
- When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe.
- Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform.
- In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
- We are seeking an experienced Animal Care Assistant for our Safety Assessment site.
- Responsible for performing operational, administrative and technical tasks to provide comprehensive care for all species of laboratory animals at the site, including: feeding/watering, sanitizing primary and secondary enclosures, environmental enrichment, handling and restraint and related tasks.
- Assist with the movement of animals and stocking of supplies.
About Safety Assessment
- Our company is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance.
- From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market.
- Each year approximately 120 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.
The following are minimum requirements related to the Animal Care Assistant position.
- Education: High school diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D.) required.
- Experience: None.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our company is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet