Animal Care Assistant - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
For nearly 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking an experienced Animal Care Assistant for our Safety Assessment site located in Ashland, OH.
Responsible for performing operational, administrative and technical tasks to provide comprehensive care for all species of laboratory animals at the site, including: feeding/watering, sanitizing primary and secondary enclosures, environmental enrichment, handling and restraint and related tasks. Assist with the movement of animals and stocking of supplies.
About Safety Assessment
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 120 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.
The following are minimum requirements related to the Animal Care Assistant position.
- May handle, restrain, and provide care for all species of animals at the site.
- May observe animals for general health and overall well being.
- Clean primary enclosure and enclosure area for animals.
- Sanitize cages, enrichment devices and other related equipment.
- Measure and distribute feed to animals in accordance with established procedures.
- May provide environmental enrichment with guidance.
- Inspect feeding and watering devices for proper function.
- Perform all tasks in compliance with Good Laboratory Practice Regulations (GLPs) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Review documentation of functions performed as part of quality control requirements.
- May assist with the movement/transfer of animals.
- May perform cagewash duties as assigned.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vet