Analytical Technician/Assistant - Switzerland
- Our company is a drug discovery and development company, that focuses on developing therapeutic monoclonal antibodies for inflammatory diseases and immune-related disorders.
- The pipeline is a balance of preclinical and clinical compounds, specific for clinically validated and novel targets.
- Each of these portfolio products has the potential of becoming a medicine for multiple medical conditions due to the intrinsic mechanism of action.
- Five of these compounds are currently in early clinical development with the three most advanced in clinical Phase II.
- The company has also been purposefully targeting a number of orphan drug indications, with the express hope of eventually providing safe and effective treatment options to some of the often neglected populations suffering from rare diseases.
Description of main activities:
- Drug Substance and Drug Product Long-term stability studies
- Giving set compatibility studies
- Analytical investigation studies
- Analytical method development/qualification
The selected candidate will also be involved in:
- Quality control of Analytical data.
- Laboratory upkeep: equipment, supplies and safety.
- Internal document writing (e.g. protocol, report, operating method).
- Presenting results in the Bioprocess R&D internal meeting.
Laboratory techniques required, with an understanding of the technology principles:
- Liquid Chromatography: HPLC and UPLC based methods (SEC, RP, HIC, IEX)
- Electrophoresis: SDS-PAGE, IEF, including capillary techniques (CE-SDS, icIEF)
- Other techniques: spectrophotometry, Endosafe MCS system, European Pharmacopoeia methods (visual assessment (visible particles, colour, opalescence), pH, Sub-visible particle counting)
Skills and competencies:
- Good communication and organizational skills, proactive, conscientious and rigorous.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a fast moving environment.
- Experience in QC/QA environment (GMP-like) in a pharmaceutical/biotech company.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team to plan and complete different studies in parallel, and in interface with different units.
- Fluent in French, as a minimum technical level in spoken and written English.