Analytical Technical Sales Representative - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is a global technology-based company that offers a broad range of instrumentation, consumable products, and technical expertise in the areas of Analytical Sample Preparation and Synthetic Organic Chemistry.
- Customers include research scientists at pharmaceutical and biotech companies, food and agriculture, personal care, fine chemical companies and scientists at major academic and government life science research centers.
- We are seeking a Technical Sales Representative to sell Analytical Chemistry Products (SPE Consumables and Instruments) in the assigned territory to CRO, Petroleum, Pharmaceutical, Clinical, Forensics, Academic, Government and related accounts.
- Responsible for growth (quarter on quarter and year on year), managing customer relationships and assistance in development and execution of strategic marketing initiatives.
- Travel within the territory is 3-5 days per week in the field directly interfacing with prospects and customers; overnight travel as required to support call frequency in the territory.
- Other domestic and international travel may be required periodically.
- Applicants must be able to support working out of a home office located within the assigned territory.
Essential Job Duties
- Achieve defined monthly, quarterly and annual targets for revenue, profitability for the territory and specific product volumes.
- Expand customer knowledge of company products and uses via sales calls, seminars and hands on demonstration
- Identify and developing new customers relationships.
- Hands-on development and troubleshooting of SPE Sample Prep Methods at customer’s sites.
- Train customers on most successful ways to utilize our products.
- Coordinate and assist company Chemists in the development of advanced or challenging SPE Sample Prep Methods at customer’s sites and in our Laboratories.
- Provide feedback from customers to Sales Management, Marketing, and colleagues regarding results from use of company products.
- Assist in sales of evaporation products by visiting customers and progressing opportunities when requested.
- Communicate regularly with the Inside Sales group to leverage opportunities.
- Perform hands-on demonstration of instruments and consumable products to demonstrate business value and product differentiation.
- Manage and maintain demo resources and other selling resources effectively.
- Ensure customers are effectively trained and realizing maximum benefit from their company products.
- Provide on time and accurate sales forecasts.
- Timely follow up and qualification of leads and document results in CRM platform.
- Accurate and up to date documentation of sales activities and opportunity status in CRM platform.
- Represent the company at conferences as needed.
- Generate quotes and negotiate pricing within authorized limits.
- Provide accurate and on time standard reports and ad hoc information requests.
- Additional responsibilities as requested.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Bio-chemistry or related field and/or 5+ years’ experience working in or selling into Clinical, Forensic, CRO or Pharmaceutical laboratory environment(s).
- Proven track record of success in sales and account management in a scientific field is a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of (and experience with) HPLC and LC/MS method development.
- Experience in sample prep and method development in Biofluids is a plus.
- Exceptional customer service, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage time effectively, be a self-starter, be creative and have strong organizational skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, self-directed environment with shifting priorities.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and CRM software (Salesforce.com).
- Ability to work within a team
- Must be able to drive in the USA and Canada. Must provide professional automobile for travel to customer’s sites. Must be able to fly and rent automobiles.
- Must regularly lift and/or move 25 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds.
- Must be able to lift company instruments from floor to lab bench.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk, hear, sit, use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms, and handle.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, climb or balance and stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Field based position working at customer sites and in chemistry laboratories.
- Travel Required
- 3-5 (average of 4) days per week in the field directly interfacing with prospects and customers.
- 2-3 (average of 2.5) overnights per week.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.