Reporting directly to the Principal Scientist (AR&D), the successful applicant will be involved in all analytical aspects of the pharmaceutical development program from initial concept formulation to optimization of full scale manufacture and introduction/ technical transfer of pharmaceutical products into the production facility.
The duties of the Analytical Scientist will include:
- Analytical support of New Product Development (NPD), from concept through to pilot scale and acquisition of data to support MA application to health authorities
- Performing analytical method development, validation and transfer
- Liaison with process owners related to analytical and production processes
- Writing and reviewing laboratory reports, specifications and documents for regulatory filings
- Conducting OOS/OOT/OOE investigations
- Presentation of data to project stakeholders and interested parties
- Performance of NPD related analytical testing
- Shared responsibilities related to the day to day running of the analytical laboratory
- Mentoring/supporting one Analytical Scientist (Assistant)
- The majority of the Analytical Scientist’s time will be spent within the CHC R&D Laboratory and so familiarity with laboratory techniques, GLP and competent use of Microsoft Office will be a significant advantage; it is also important that the applicant has good problem solving and communication skills.