Analytical chemist with expertise in GC-MS - Denmark
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Posted on : 08 March 2017
- Do you excel in Analytical Chromatography, do you enjoy troubleshooting, and do you like to pass your knowledge on to people around you and collaborate with a variety of experienced people within Analytical Science? If so we have the perfect job for you.
- You will be part of Manufacturing Development (MDev) at our state-of-the-art facilities.
- Engaged colleagues are ready to welcome you to a team responsible for characterization, hands-on problem solving and developing new analytical methods to be used by the laboratories supporting the production.
About the department
- The department is responsible for providing analytical support to MDevs optimization projects, optimizing and validating analytical methods for new products.
- The department plays a vital role in regards to the support to production and laboratory facilities in Diabetes Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API), at site.
- We are around 60 engaged employees organised in four teams.
- As part of the team, you will work closely with 15 dedicated colleagues with expertise within a number of analytical techniques such as GC, GC-MS, HPLC, and LC-MS.
- This position will be in the GC-group where you will be responsible for development of methods, data analysis and reporting of results.
- Our main focus is on the analysis of raw materials, solvents and process samples, including determination of residual solvents and identification of impurities.
- Troubleshooting and daily interaction with our experienced Chemists and Lab Technicians is also an important task.
- In addition, it is critical that you are able to promote collaboration with other parts of the organisation, as the position requires close interaction with a variety of Stakeholders.
- Together with the team, your overall focus is to ensure that production runs smoothly and with as few stops as possible, where you personally contribute by delivering robust analytical methods.
- You will also be involved in problem solving, often characterized by a sense of urgency.
- Across your tasks you are expected to share your knowledge and help your colleagues and customers build a wider understanding of our analytical methods and techniques.
- You use characterization as part of method development as well as during problem solving.
- We optimize the way we work continuously by applying a LEAN mind-set, and strive for simplicity, so it is important that you can contribute to troubleshooting and that you are able to “keep it simple”.
- You have an Master’s degree in Natural Science, preferably combined with a PhD in Chemical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Science, Chemistry or an equivalent discipline.
- You have experience from working with GC and GCMS.
- Furthermore, it is essential that you have solid understanding of Organic Chemistry, and familiarity with Pharmaceutical Production and Protein Chemistry would also be beneficial.
- You are used to combining your knowledge with statistical tools.
- Your experience preferably includes design of experiments and mathematical modelling, but this is not a requirement.
- In your previous jobs you have been directly involved in knowledge sharing, problem solving and you have been responsible for conducting training or similar activities and you have learned that you thrive in this role.
- You have great interests in GC-equipment and the software we are using and you have extensive experience in qualification of lab equipment and validation of computer systems.
- As a person you enjoy collaborating and communicating with different people on a daily basis, as your Stakeholders are located in different departments with a variety of plans and deadlines. In relation to this you have to be able to handle a certain level of pressure to deliver on here and now tasks.
- We expect you to be open-minded, to have the ability and willingness to adjust quickly to new situations in a continuously developing environment.
- Furthermore, it is important that you are interested in technical dialogues with your colleagues in the department, preferably by an active and curious presence in the laboratory.
- It would be an advantage if you have knowledge of what it is like to work in a GMP regulated environment and if you are familiar with validation of analytical methods.
Working with Us:
- Your skills, dedication and ambition help us change lives for the better.
- In exchange, we offer you an opportunity to work with extraordinary and talented people as well as to benefit from a wide range of possibilities for professional and personal development.