Analytical Assistant Scientist I / II Charleston United States,
What differentiates us at Alcami? Our people.
Help shape the future of medicine and join us – we are a pharmaceutical contract development manufacturing organization (CDMO).
Alcami Corporation is the first company to offer a solution that is tailored to small and mid-size pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies. We offer a range of services from four distinct pillars: Development Services, Analytical Testing, Drug Product, and APIs. Beyond that, we can integrate our services so customers experience a simplified engagement with a single project management relationship, full visibility from development into manufacturing, and shorter turnaround times. With six locations in the U.S. and a global location in The Netherlands, the Alcami family is growing rapidly. Picture yourself at Alcami and apply today.
Our sterile manufacturing facility is located in Charleston, SC, a vibrant city well-known for its coastal beauty, climate, cultural arts, and thriving business environment. Recently, Charleston received 1st place honors as the “Most Livable City in America” (US Conference of Mayors).
The Analytical Assistant Scientist I performs analytical routine and non-routine testing in support of pharmaceutical product development or pharmaceutical manufacturing. May also be required to work on method development/method validation projects. Typical types of testing: assays (potencies, related substances, residual solvents, metals, etc.), rate of release (dissolution), moisture content, identification, and various other wet chemistry based measurements. HPLC and/or GC based methodologies are commonly employed in the described testing. Other key methodologies applied include: titrations, UV, AA, IR. Test methods employed may be compendial (i.e. USP, EP) or proprietary (client supplied or developed by the company). Works on problems of moderate scope in which analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new assignments.
As the Analytical Assistant Scientist I you will:
- Maintains working knowledge of routine instrumentation, equipment, and scientific methodologies necessary to perform assigned tasks.
- Performs assigned tasks carefully and on schedule according to standard operating procedure and supervisor instructions.
- Maintains basic understanding of underlying scientific principles.
- Analyzes information for technical correctness and accuracy.
- Complies with applicable GMPs, peer checks information and signs for GMP review. Brings aberrant information to the attention of supervisor.
- Participates in company sponsored training and maintains current status of certifcations.
- Provides technical training and leadership for subordinate technical positions.
- Demonstrates company loyalty in relations with Company personnel and clients.
- Maintains a safe, clean, and organized work environment free of safety hazards.
- Enters project hours promptly and updates project status on appropriate tracking and/or timekeeping systems.
- Suggests improvements for safety, work quality, and productivity.
- Works the hours necessary to meet scheduling commitments; is punctual with low absenteeism.
Qualifications for success:
Required BS/BA degree in scientific related field with 0 - 2+ years experience.
- Good knowledge of Word and Excel
- General knowledge of chemistry and scientific calculations
- General Lab Techniques ( i.e. extractions)
- Good understanding of GLP/GMP Policies / Regulations
- Detailed understanding of the theoretical basis of methods/experiments
- Basic Laboratory Skills (equipment usage, terminology,etc)
- Chromatography (i.e. HPLC, GC)
- Spectroscopy (i.e. UV, IR, AA)Titronics (i.e. KF)
- Basic understanding of Millennium
- Wet Chemistry
- Efficiently organize routine work with minimum supervision
- Properly evaluates and interprets generated data
- Able to troubleshoot equipment
What we offer you:
- In Wilmington, an onsite Learning Center for working parents
- Profit sharing bonus plan
- Medical, dental and vision coverage from day one
- A menu of voluntary benefits including short & long term disability, life, accident, critical illness and hospital indemnity insurances
- Paid/flexible sick-leave, vacations, and holidays so you can take the time when you need it
- To complement your personal financial strategy, we also have 401(k) matching
Find a Job Find Candidates