Analyst, Clinical Research - Country Operations Job - United States
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The core responsibility of this role is to support Director Country Operations and Regional Research Director (RRD) and country leadership team with data analysis/presentation/visualization in support of country clinical research operations
Primary responsibility for the role includes:
- Works with Director of Country Operations to design and operationalize a strategy for data analysis and visualization supporting the region.
- Assess data coming into and exiting the country and presented to project teams, headquarters or other interested parties for appropriate accuracy, fit, impact analysis, and presentation.
- Supports country leadership team with data analysis and presentation for reporting and infrastructure measures to operationalize country strategy including: problem assessment, project planning, project implementation and assurance of ongoing project maintenance and monitoring.
- Works closely with CRDs, Head of Site Account Managers and Head of COMs in the provision of metrics and measurements that monitor country performance or specific country/project initiatives
- Runs alternative scenarios/Impact analysis when supporting managers for country manpower/human resources assessments or determining individual trial human resource needs
- Conducts all analysis/assessments/reports utilizing appropriate fiduciary principles supported by company and country leadership team
- Works cooperatively with all headquarters based colleagues collecting and tracking country and global performance
- Maintains knowledge and awareness of all new Merck systems for understanding reporting and analytical capabilities.
- BS degree with a minimum of 3 years of relevant clinical research experience
- Fluency in Microsoft Excel
- Fluency in presentation/analytics Business Intelligence (BI) software packages (may include SpotFire, Clik, Tableau, or other similar tools)
- Proven track record in supporting data/metric collections, data organization, data cleaning, data analysis, data visualization and presentation
- Knowledge, awareness, and experience in clinical trial operations in a pharmaceutical company
- Knowledge and awareness of clinical trial operations in an academic medical institution setting
- Knowledge and awareness of clinical trial operations in a physician office or clinical research site setting
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Clinical Research Generic
Job Title:Sr. Spclst, Clinical Research
Primary Location: NA-US-PA-Upper Gwynedd
Other Locations: NA-US-AL-Montgomery, NA-US-NJ-Jersey City, NA-US-WV-Morgantown, NA-US-GA-Savannah, NA-US-NH-Hanover, NA-US-LA-Baton Rouge, NA-United States, NA-US-KS-Overland Park, NA-US-MD-Silver Spring, NA-US-VA-Alexandria, NA-US-OR-Portland, NA-US-NJ-East Orange, NA-US-MO-St. Louis, NA-US-NM-Albuquerque, NA-US-FL-Tampa, NA-US-NJ-Kenilworth, NA-US-SC-Charleston, NA-US-WA-Portland, NA-US-WV-Charleston, NA-US-KY-Louisville, NA-US-PA-North Wales, NA-US-LA-New Orleans, NA-US-FL-Jacksonville, NA-US-DE-New Castle, NA-US-KY-Lexington, NA-US-SD-Sioux Falls, NA-US-AR-Little Rock, NA-US-ND-Fargo, NA-US-NV-Reno, NA-US-MT-Great Falls, NA-US-HI-Honolulu, NA-US-MI-Detroit, NA-US-AZ-Scottsdale, NA-US-CO-Denver, NA-US-UT-Salt Lake City, NA-US-MI-Grand Rapids, NA-US-IA-Iowa City, NA-US-PA-Blue Bell, NA-US-MD-Towson, NA-US-TN-Nashville, NA-US-IA-Des Moines, NA-US-VT-Burlington, NA-US-VA-Richmond, NA-US-WA-Vancouver, NA-US-MN-Minneapolis, NA-US-KS-Kansas City, NA-US-NJ-Princeton, NA-US-TX-Austin, NA-US-TX-Houston, NA-US-TX-Dallas, NA-US-NC-Durham, NA-US-DE-Wilmington, NA-US-SC-Columbia, NA-US-ME-Portland, NA-US-MO-Kansas City, NA-US-NE-Omaha, NA-US-OK-Oklahoma City, NA-US-TN-Brentwood, NA-US-IN-Indianapolis, NA-US-FL-Orlando, NA-US-CA-San Francisco, NA-US-NC-Charlotte, NA-US-MA-Boston, NA-US-AK-Anchorage, NA-US-IL-Chicago, NA-US-ID-Boise, NA-US-OH-Cleveland, NA-US-GA-Atlanta, NA-US-CA-Los Angeles, NA-US-MA-Lexington, NA-US-NJ-Cherry Hill, NA-US-PA-Philadelphia, NA-US-WI-Milwaukee, NA-US-CT-Bridgeport, NA-US-NV-Las Vegas, NA-US-MD-Baltimore, NA-US-NM-Santa Fe, NA-US-TN-Memphis, NA-US-MS-Jackson, NA-US-NY-New York City, NA-US-AZ-Phoenix, NA-US-WY-Cheyenne, NA-US-CT-Hartford, NA-US-RI-Providence, NA-US-NH-Manchester
Employee Status: Regular
Travel: Yes, 15 % of the Time
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Clinic, Medical, Medical Research, Clinical Research, Operations Manager, Healthcare, Operations