Analyst 4, Infrastructure Administration - United States
- The successful candidate for this role will be a contributing member of the Global Network COE.
- In this role the candidate will be responsible for providing global oversight of the design, architecture and future direction of our Global Networks.
- The candidate is responsible for the Design and Architecture of the global network services platform. This includes over 200 sites across Asia Pacific, Americas and Europe.
- Design, innovate and improve the global network with a strong understanding of network design, network security and high availability.
- Review and approve architecture, governance, disaster recovery, business continuity and security plans.
- Approve designs and capacity planning for new sites and site expansions.
- Ensure security procedures are aligned with BD Policies and standards.
- Looks at lowering the cost of our Network, but maintaining high availability.
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert (SME) across the BD’s environment providing guidance on best practices, tools and processes to manage network resources across the enterprise
- Work in a highly collaborative mode with other members of the Network Team to ensure that any additions or changes to design for our Global Network are well understood and managed; effectively communicate design changes to all affected parties
- Leads and coordinates design, builds and testing of how applications and data impact the network.
- Integrate across the Network Team, IT Management, Tower leads, Business Process and other IT Teams supporting actions to correct deficiencies.
- Work to provide alternative solutions to customization and/or modifications aligned with BD’s functional requirements
Designs and maintains future strategies and policies with a strong understanding of Global Network Environment which will provide high availability and up time to all sites globally.
Job Specific Skills
- Team building: Energize others to meet commitments and schedules while managing uncertainty, ambiguity and paradox and maintain working as a team.
- Strong communication skills: able to interact across all business levels and cultures to influence and sell ideas.
- Customer & Client Focused: Has understanding how clients and customers work and execute processes effectively to support their needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 8 years of general network experience in an operations environment.
- 1+ years of experience with manufacturing networks
- 3-5 years of experience working with Palo Alto & Cisco firewalls
- 2+ years of Cisco ASA/PIX support experience including configuring firewall rules and VPN connections.
- 5+ years of experience with Global Network Design and Architecture
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Certification
- Schedule flexibility to work off hours during on call rotation or to manage new changes and Tier 3 issues
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Must be open to up to a 50% travel rate - mostly domestically, but occasionally internationally
- As a team contributor, the candidate will be responsible for possessing:
- In-depth network knowledge and the ability to apply knowledge to Engineer and Design Global Network Solutions.
- A background in time and/or project management and be capable of prioritizing activities based on level of criticality and impact.
- 30% - Vendor Management
- 40% - Network Design / Network Architecture / Operations
- 30% - IT Project Management for all Global Network Projects
- Master’s degree in a related field
- 5+ years of firewall experience
- 5+ years of experience working with Palo Alto & Cisco firewalls
- Working knowledge of Isolated Networks
- Working knowledge of IDS/IPS systems
- Working Knowledge of ITIL processes.