an Expert Analytical Development - Belgium
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is a research company that offers Chemistry, Manufacturing and Control (CMC) services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry.
- Our company guides a worldwide portfolio of customers through the processes of formulation, process and analytical development, preparation of regulatory dossiers and the manufacturing and labeling of early-phase clinical materials according to GMP appropriate standards.
- The analytical laboratory plays a key role in the development and validation of analytical methods to characterize drugs and to perform quality control testing on incoming raw materials and on the finished clinical materials.
- The analytical laboratory closely interacts with the project management office which functions as the interface with the customers.
- In order to support the continuous growth of our analytical activities we are looking for an Expert Analytical Development (m/f)
- You act as a lead scientist, performing complex analytical activities, translating project goals in high-quality experimental procedures, coordinating the experimental analytical tasks and supervising and coaching the more junior analysts in the team.
- You see complex analytical problems as a challenge and an opportunity to achieve higher quality standards.
- You are the analytical expert in the project team meetings and you function as analytical problem solver in the department
- You are acquainted with the most recent evolution in analytical chemistry.
- You are responsible for the implementation of new analytical techniques in the lab in close collaboration with the engineering department.
- You support the strategic thinking related to the expansion of the lab activities.
- You report to the Head of Laboratory
- You have a PhD with scientific orientation (Pharmaceutical Sciences, Bio-science-Engineering, Science or Chemical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Chemistry or equivalent by experience.
- You run development projects independently, you keep an eye on budget and timelines and you motivate the analysts of the project team.
- You have a strong interest in drug research and development and the associated analytical development.
- You have profound experience in chromatographic analytical techniques such as HPLC, UPLC, GC and spectroscopic techniques such as UV-Vis, FTIR.
- You are familiar with MS Office (knowledge of Empower is an asset)
- You have strong analytical and reporting skills (oral, written, presentations)
- You are a team player
- You show flexibility and you are open-minded and change oriented (always looking for ways to improve).
- An exciting job in a young and dynamic work environment
- Individual training and personal growth opportunities
- A competitive salary package