This job is currently Archived,
Posted on : 08 March 2017
- Our company will coordinate seed production of soybeans.
- This position will focus on contracting seed acres, recruiting growers, and educating growers to produce high yielding pure seed.
- Lead a team to accomplish all facets of field production.
- As a member of the field management team, the Agronomist will assist with planning business operations and provide support for temporary employees.
- Assist growers in developing production management programs which enhance growers profitability.
- Maintain grower evaluation program which effectively and fairly measures grower productivity.
- Responsible for all aspects of grower contracts in collaboration with contract conditioners(implementation, price elections, contract elections, contract questions, payment problems).
- Work with contract conditioners for seed acreage contract allocations to growers.
- Gather management information about varieties for proper environmental placement.
- Remain abreast of and take a proactive role in environmental issues related to all phases of seed production such as conservation and ground water.
- Be knowledgeable of current agronomic practices and government agricultural programs.
- Implement and maintain quality standards as outlined in Pioneer quality plan.
- Implement safety programs in all aspects of field seed production.
- Plans winter meetings with growers.
- Gather ideas which enhance the overall productivity of all growers.
- Provide proposals for the development of the plant location business plan, this includes making recommendations for the capital budget.
- Responsible for monitoring plant expenditures as assigned.
- Add and drop growers based on grower evaluation.
- Implement safety programs in area of responsibility.
- Coordinate recruiting and training activities for seasonal employees in soybean production.
- Evaluate staffing need to accomplish all related tasks.
- Experience and Education: Bachelor of Science in Agriculture or related field. 3-5 years of experience working with seed growers and seed plant operations.
- Critical Skills:
- Knowledge of production agriculture and production plant operations.
- Knowledge of field equipment including knowledge of precision agriculture.
- Supervisory and team leadership skills.
- Training and presentation skills.
- Priority management and ability to adjust quickly to changing conditions.
- Interpersonal flexibility.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- High level of PC skills desired. GPS mapping skills desired.
- Willingness to work in a variety of conditions (field, plant, warehouse - hot, cold, dust, etc.).
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs.
Canada Manitoba Non Office Based...
Find a Job Find Candidates