Agronomist - South Africa
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
Our company has a rich history of scientific discovery that has enabled countless innovations and today, we're looking for more people, in more places, to collaborate with us to make life the best that it can be.
- Develop and provide agronomic, product and service education to the field sales force that helps support the sales and service of company brand products and associated technologies.
- Support the field sales force by working to resolve customer service calls.
- Provides product, agronomic and general crop production information through several mediums directly to customers.
- Actively involved in demand creation of Pioneer seed.
- Work with Regional Technical Information Manager (TIM) to provide information and education/training to field sales force on product characteristics, product positioning and crop management practices.
- Efficiently and effectively transfer technical knowledge to sales field force by developing materials, manuals, structured sessions and provide ongoing bulletins and seminars.
- Train field sales force methods to handle service calls to enhance selling activities and complaints handling process.
- Provide assistance, training and problem solving for customers.
- Resolve customer service calls involving product performance and/or agronomic issues.
- Provide service and information to customers, prospects and farm managers through various methods and mediums (e.g. crop updates, customer agronomy meetings, large operator meetings, crop demo plots, field days, service calls and sales calls with TIM and/or sales field force.)
- Assist with sales calls as needed.
- Product Evaluation. Collect information/notes and observations related to the performance of brand seed products and associated technologies.
- Provide overall performance evaluations on Pioneer seed products.
- Coordinate district Product Advancement Trials (PAT), Product Knowledge Plots and Agronomy Trial programs with TIM’s and the field sales force.
- Provide liaison between field sales and research.
- Prepare trial results and data for presentation at Hybrid Advancement Meeting (HAM), actively take part in HAM.
- Sales Support. Actively involved in generating demand for product seed.
- Assist in building strong relationships with local universities and governmental agencies.
- Work as a team member to enhance area success through the building of area sales strategies and plans including product line estimates and product planning.
- Assist in building and maintaining strong relationships with customers, end-users, and other industry representatives.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Agronomy or equivalent, three years agronomy experience is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of crop production/cultural practices.
- Strong knowledge of local AG markets;
- Knowledge of environmental, regulatory, and stewardship issues of Pioneer & competitive products at the local/regional level.
- Good presentation and teaching/training skills.
- Proven ability of conflict resolution and handling objections.
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment and independently with minimum supervision and adapt to a rapidly changing business environment;
- Ability to lead and influence projects and coach individuals in accomplishing defined objectives/goals.
- Deep understanding of the needs and values of partners and customers and to ability to develop solutions to satisfy/retain.
- PC user (if needed, ability to learn quickly specific software to generate reports, territory plans, access PHI info and complete administrative duties)
- Fluent both English and Afrikaans are a must
- Driving license and driving experience are required.
- Willingness to extensive driving throughout the area with substantial amount of field work and communications.