Agronomist (Corn Seed Production) - Turkey
Want to know company name or location? Company managed [?]
- Our company is the world’s leading developer and supplier of advanced plant genetics, providing high-quality seeds to farmers in more than 90 countries.
- Our company provides agronomic support and services to help increase farmer productivity and profitability and strives to develop sustainable agricultural systems for people everywhere.
- n order to strengthen seed production team of our company we are looking to fill Agronomist position.
- Help growers to use the most up-to-date planting, fertilizing, soil protecting and irrigation technologies in order to increase the quality and quantity of seed production of company and the grower. Supervise planting, plant protection, detasseling, male chopping, rouging, harvest.
- Build good, long term relationship with official inspectors/officers.
- Developing, choosing and/or enlarging the group of the appropriate growers.
- Ability for recruiting, long term relationship building and maintaining.
- During harvest and conditioning work as Shift leader in the plant in order to ensure company standards are followed.
- Coordinate plant personnel’s work to maximize efficiency and optimize cost and quality
- Perform as an officially Authorized field quality supervisor in delegated power in the field.
- Responsible for quality control of seed produced
- Responsible for the workers regarding to the achievement quality of work and safety provisions.
- Responsible for ensuring that general safety expectations are known, kept and followed. (fire, accident prevention, health conservation)
- Protect tools and company values. Supervising safety in their working place.
- Involvement to Six Sigma, LEAN, Kaizen events.
- Deep involvement and leading role in implementation and maintaining of the following business support systems: R3, GFM, CCS, WMS, ISO
- Manage the signing the Growers contracts.
- University of agricultural science
- Experience in seed (corn) production
- Officially authorized field quality supervisor in delegated power
- Knowledge of agro production (production plant operation)
- Good verbal and written communication and organizational skills
- Leadership, team working
- Good communication and organization skills, team worker, availability to work under stress and meeting dead lines
- Intermediate English is required