AKKA Group North America is looking for a Safety specialist who would like to join a dynamic and growing entity in Montreal and Toronto, to support one of its customers in the Aerospace sector. Position is to be filled in Montreal, in March 2017.
YOUR ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
In your role, you will:
- Perform safety analyses in support of critical equipment development for FBW system (Primary Flight Controls, Spoilers, Horizontal Stabilizer and Nose Wheel Steering systems) to be compliant with FAR 25.1309.
- Write and review safety analyses documentation at equipment level (electronic equipment):
- Preliminary Product Safety Assessment
- Product FMEA
- Product Safety Assessment
- Provide hardware (including firmware) and software design improvements/modifications to meet safety requirement.
- Specify safety requirements for system architecture related hardware and software aspects.
- Write and review reliability prediction report.
- Proficient in the following techniques:
- Failure Modes and Effect Analysis (piece part and functional).
- Fault Tree Analysis
- Common Cause Analysis with practical experience in Common Mode Analysis
- Proficient in F-DAL A/I-DAL A design concepts as well as the following recommended practice ARP4754A, ARP4761, DO-254, DO-178C.
YOUR PROFILE & SKILLS
- You have a University degree/diploma in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering with at least five (5) years of experience
- You have good communication skills including good English and French writing and verbal skills.
- You are customer-oriented with innovative problem solving skills and you are organized.
- You are a self-motivated person, a team player able to work under pressure and under a minimum of supervision
- You display a pro-active attitude and ability to manage multiple priorities, follow established directives closely and respond to urgent requests in a timely manner