Advanced Engineer - Level I - Novi Brighton United States,
The Advanced Engineer – Carl Zeiss Metrology Services, Inc. is primarily responsible for supporting the project business and all CMM related programming activities within the geographic territory of CZMS Inc by providing complex programming service solutions to enterprise customers. The Engineer may be responsible for programming one or more of the customer’s measuring devices along with the associated software suites at a Zeiss owned facility or on site at the customer. Availability, response time and customer satisfaction are key success criteria and as such this position requires flexibility to work different shifts and/or weekends to meet customer demands.
Advanced Engineer - Level I - Novi
- Consistently delivery of acceptable customer results:- Complete (nothing missing), - Correct (no mistakes),- Delivered on time
- Ability to setup and run all lab measurement equipment.
- Ability to select and use the best software for the job (Calypso, VG StudioMax, etc.).
- Deliver inspection reports per the job request.
- Monitor each systems performance for accuracy/repeatability issues.
- Peer review job results with colleagues.
- Assist Manager with quoting as necessary.
- Works safely – especially as it relates to radiation safety.
- Job requirement review with Manager prior to job start.
- Results review with customer (within 2 days of job completion – if possible).
- Prepare, submit and save a copy of proof of delivery (POD) to network drive.
- Help drive productivity by consistently and effectively utilizing Zeiss productivity tools (e.g., quick change tooling and fixturing, off-line programming, MCC and PiWeb, etc.).
- A four year degree in Engineering, Math or Physics. Alternatively, 2+ years of industry experience.
- Ability to read engineering drawings for dimensional control requirements.
- Ability to operate all types of Zeiss measuring machines including programming using Zeiss application software; setup and staging of parts; accuracy and repeatability verification; etc.
- Strong computer skills and affinity for computer aided data analysis products.
- Must have strong problem solving skills with the ability to learn independently to find solutions to potential customer’s problems.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with an ability to create concise technical reports.
- Ability to reason and negotiate complex problems with customers.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and eagerness to be a part of a high-performance, fast growing segment of Carl Zeiss Metrology Services, Inc.
- Ability to lift 50lbs from floor to table height.
- Ability to work flexible hours (nights and weekends).
- Must be a team player across the organization.
- Ability and willingness to travel in the USA and internationally (30-60%).
With more than 25,000 employees, ZEISS is one of the global leaders in the optical and optoelectronic industries and has been contributing to technological progress for 170 years. ZEISS develops and distributes lithography optics, measuring technology, microscopes, medical technology, eyeglass lenses, camera and cine lenses, binoculars and planetarium technology.
If you are interested in this position, please send us your application using the link at the bottom of this page.
Find a Job Find Candidates