Location: South San Francisco, CA
The primary focus of this position is to effectively provide administrative support to the CEO and senior management. This position functions as general ambassador and communication interface between teams and other departments and external contacts. Responsibilities include calendar management, document and presentation production, travel coordination, preparation for external meetings, interface with schedulers for Board members and Investors, expense report and vendor tracking, and general filing.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills: The ability to seek information from a variety of sources and in a variety of ways, to clarify situations and to facilitate effective planning, decision-making, and problem solving.
- Team player who can work independently as well as within a group setting and can interface across multiple departments and levels of management.
- Customer service focused, proactive, flexible, approachable, patient, courteous, tactful, and diplomatic.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills: Expresses ideas and needs with individuals and groups, and adjusts terminology as appropriate. Possesses advanced writing, editing, spelling, grammar, formatting and standard business correspondence skills.
- Ability to work within an environment which utilizes both in-house and out-sourced (contract/temporary) resources.
- Excellent organizational skills, effective project management skills, commitment to meeting deadlines and working well under pressure.
- Demonstrated ability to be discreet, flexible, work independently, prioritize and manage assignments to ensure critical issues are addressed or brought to the attention of the appropriate expert.
Job Skills & Responsibilities:
- Prepare and create complex presentations using appropriate software programs and available audio and video equipment if necessary. Ensure presentation is appropriate to meet the needs of the subject matter, the presenter and audience.
- Coordinate calendars for senior management and organize off-site meetings. Negotiate with site to ensure all needs are met. Assist in making travel arrangements as necessary.
- Frequent inter-departmental interaction. Interacts with internal personnel on significant matters often, requiring coordination between functional units.
- Provide high level administrative support and understand the daily management and operations of the office (computer and printer, phones and voice mail, mail, calendars, faxing, copying, and scanning).
- Assist with scheduling meetings for Board members and Investors.
- Sought after to troubleshoot complex problems.
- Prepare invoices, purchase orders, expense reports, file sensitive documents, and order office supplies as necessary (assure proper levels are maintained with minimal direction).
- Coordinate complex travel schedules.
- Coordinate oral and written communications on behalf of the departmental teams as requested by senior management.
- Assist on special projects and train others in specific tasks as needed.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience administrative support, preferably in a biotech setting.
- Demonstrated skill proficiency in Microsoft Office. Advanced proficiency in a variety of software and PC functions.
- Advanced typing skills (50-65 wpm) required. Ability to proof read for clarity and grammatical errors essential.
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, proactive, and able to work independently.
- Ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to maintain and demonstrate high ethical standards in conducting Blade Therapeutic’s business.
- Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to think outside the box.
- Detail oriented with outstanding organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent communications skills.
- College degree.
About Blade Therapeutics:
Blade Therapeutics is a discovery stage drug development company. Our mission is to create antifibrotic treatment strategies that address a wide variety of congenital and acquired diseases of fibrosis. Our leadership team has extensive experience at developing drugs that treat fibrotic disorders. We are also partnering with international experts in order to identify and in-license cutting-edge technologies to build a robust pipeline of antifibrotic compounds.
Blade Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee.