BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide, BioMarin’s General and Administrative teams support our mission of providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance, legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Administrative Assistant provides daily support to Attorneys and Contracts Associates in a fast-paced, high volume legal department, and is frequently called on to assist employees across all business groups with contract-related matters. Job duties include assisting with all stages of the contract process, including assigning requests out of the contract management system, drafting and obtaining signatures on contracts when needed, and facilitating the company-wide self-authoring program. The ideal candidate will be professional, team-oriented, an effective communicator and able to multi-task.
- Assign contract requests and close-out work spaces using the Legal department’s contract management system.
- Assist with obtaining internal and external signatures on contracts when needed.
- Review Non-Disclosure Agreements, Scopes of Work and Change Orders created by business users under the self-authoring program to ensure compliance with Legal department policies and playbooks.
- Work with Contracts Associates to draft Non-Disclosure Agreements, Scopes of Work and Charge Orders from templates.
- Draft and distribute correspondence using email, fax, and FedEx.
- Handle internal and external requests and queries in a professional manner.
- Input information quickly and accurately into legal system databases.
- Provide backup for other Administrative Assistants when they are on meal breaks or out of office.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience providing legal clerical support, contracts administration or other relevant experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills in database management and documentation preparation (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail required.
- Must be able to handle and prioritize a heavy workload.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Must be able to handle and maintain confidential information.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently, yet be a team player willing to volunteer for tasks when needed for the betterment of the team.
- Must be regularly available between the hours of 8:30am and 5:00pm.
- Must have a strong work ethic.
- Experience within biotech/pharmaceutical industry or other contract-intensive fields a plus.
- Experience with Ariba, Livelink or other records management systems a plus.
Bachelor of Arts required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.