Administrative Assistant Job - United States
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company – one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Administrative Assistant II will be in charge of providing administrative support to the Director, Associate Directors and Operations Managers. This person will be in charge of completing administrative responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Utilizing the Microsoft Office Suite including: Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Putting together PowerPoint presentations
- Expense reports
- Scheduling meetings
- Coordinate and arrange meetings and conference calls
- Calendar management, as needed
- Maintaining/Updating Standard Operating Procedures
- Maintain confidential files of employees
- Upkeep and maintain of office/supplies
- Assist with creating operations schedules
- High-school diploma
- Two (2) or more years experience in an Administrative role.
- Posses strong computer and software skills especially in the Microsoft office Suite.
- Previous experience in the pharmaceutical industry is preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and complete tasks in a timely fashion.
- Must work well with others as well as independently.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented.
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Job: Administrative Svcs Generic
Job Title:Assoc. II, Administrative Services
Primary Location: NA-US-PA-West Point
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Company Trade Name:Merck
Nearest Major Market: Philadelphia
Job Segment: Pharmaceutical, Secretary, Animal Health, Administrative Assistant, Science, Administrative, Veterinary