Administrative Assistant, Human Resources - United States
Kite is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development of innovative cancer immunotherapies with a goal of providing rapid, long-term durable response and eliminating the burden of chronic care. The company is focused on chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) and T cell receptor (TCR) engineered cell therapies designed to empower the immune system's ability to recognize and kill tumors. Kite is based in Santa Monica, CA. For more information on Kite, please visit www.kitepharma.com. Sign up to follow @KitePharma on Twitter at www.twitter.com/kitepharma.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as an Administrative Assistant to support the Human Resources Department. You will manage a wide range of support functions in a fast paced, growing environment. You will be a key member of the team and like everyone on the team you may be asked to jump in to assist in areas outside of your primary responsibilities. You will be flexible, proactive, and resourceful with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Provide advanced administrative support to the Human Resources Leadership Team and other team members as needed.
- Maintain Outlook calendars to include heavy scheduling of appointments including travel, interviews, individual / department meetings, and company-wide events.
- Operating with a great deal of latitude and independent judgment, maintaining strict adherence to the handling of all confidential information.
- Assist with preparation of presentations, reports and organizational charts as requested.
- Prepare and timely submission of expense reports for the HR Leadership Team in accordance with company policies including reclassification to proper accounts and cost centers.
- Involved in the administration of companywide culture and recognition programs.
- Assist with the creation and administration of materials for benefits open enrollment, new hire onboarding, company events, and other HR-related initiatives.
- Process HR invoices as required.
- Provide coordination of domestic and international travel and preparation of travel itineraries for HR Leadership and other HR staff as requested.
- Prioritize, manage and execute multiple assigned tasks and perform other duties as required.
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent required, or acceptable years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years senior administrative experience in a corporate environment, preferably within Human Resources or related function.
- Proven ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality, demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) to represent the company in the most positive manner with all levels within and outside the organization
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment experiencing accelerated growth across all areas of the company.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with fluctuating priorities, be a self-starter and work with minimum instruction and supervision.
- Strong administrative skills and work to high quality standards
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Workday experience preferred