Reporting to the VP, CMC and Manufacturing, the Administrative Assistant enables more efficient and productive work by providing consistent and professional administrative support to the Dublin team. Performs a wide variety of complex duties requiring a high degree of accuracy and independent judgment. Organizes and controls the flow of work in order to accomplish the objectives of the supported colleagues in an expeditious manner.
The main responsibilities of the Administrative Assistant role may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provides administrative assistance to the Dublin team, maintaining matters of confidentiality at all times.
- Aligns work priorities with executives supported daily to ensure objectives are met in an expeditious manner.
- Compose, revise, edit and review correspondence, memorandums, PowerPoint presentations and communications on behalf of the executives supported, exercising creative writing, expert grammar and spelling.
- Maintain department files in a complete, accurate, and orderly fashion using confidential practices at all times following the company’s record retention policy.
- Coordinates travel arrangements (domestic and international) and travel documents for executives supported and others as needed.
- Organizes, coordinates, and maintains calendar of colleagues as needed.
- Manages special projects from inception to completion.
- Reviews and handles appropriately all mail addressed to executive, pursuing administrative action as needed.
- Greets visitors and answers, screens, and directs inbound phone calls as necessary.
- High School Diploma
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 10 years of administrative support in a professional office environment
- Minimum of 5 years of administrative support to managers at director-level or above in a multi-function organization.
Preferred Education, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience supporting C-level executives
- Pharmaceutical or medical device industry experience
- Experience working in an CMC or G&A departments
- Ability to effectively communicate with various levels of the organization; excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Self-motivating, must have the drive to work with a sense of ownership for the position and department, understanding of internal controls. Ability to work in fast-paced environment, fast learner
- Ability to comfortably and efficiently operate in a “start-up” environment
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously in a business with changing priorities
- Must be able to handle highly sensitive and confidential information (discretion is of utmost importance)