Administrative Assistant, Corporate Affairs - United States
The successful candidate will be a critical member of the Corporate Affairs (CA) team, who will provide comprehensive support to the VP of CA and the senior members of the Corporate & Brand Communications, Government Relations & Policy, Advocacy and Corporate Giving teams. Responsibilities will include complex calendar management, travel coordination, expense management and larger project support.
- Work in support of leadership of the above groups based on business need and departmental meeting requirements. Multi-task effectively and prioritize tasks to support business and leadership needs.
- Complex calendar management, coordinating meetings, conferences and events. Will also assist with coordination of on-site and off-site events, managing catering and conference room scheduling.
- Schedule and coordinate domestic and international travel arrangements for Sr. Directors and above.
- Generate requests for legal agreements and track for timely execution.
- Plan and organize internal and external meetings, including coordination with vendors, consultants and meeting logistics personnel
- Create and manage purchase orders ensure timely payments for vendors, includes vendor request set-up and check requests coordinating with Accounts Payable.
- Track invoices submitted from consultants and vendors.
- Assist with specific project deliverables (e.g. PowerPoint presentation and other presentation aids, charts, graphs, tables, etc.) as assigned.
- Help orchestrate Departmental Meetings and Events.
- Maintain office supplies, handle mail, follow through with various on-going administrative tasks.
- Handle timely expense reporting for Sr. Directors and above.
- Ensure compliance with all travel, expense and HCC policies
- Serve as a positive, outgoing presence in the department to support departmental interactions and collaborations.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Three to five years of experience working in a senior level administrative role in support of one or more senior executives in a fast paced environment, bio-pharmaceutical experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize appropriately.
- Knowledge of office administrative procedures, and strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Vizio)
- Familiarity with expense management systems and complex travel bookings.
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail and follow-through.
- Good judgment, a high degree of professionalism, and capable of keeping employee information confidential
- Ability to work across the business with other functions on a daily basis e.g. legal, commercial, regulatory, finance
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain productive relationships with employees, management, and candidates
- A self-starter, organized, and capable of working on multiple projects with deadlines successfully
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- High School diploma required, Bachelors Degree preferred
Description of Physical Demands
- Occasional mobility within office environment.
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time.
- Constantly operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
Description of Work Environment
- Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer use at workstation.
- May move from one work location to another occasionally.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of “normal” work hours, in order to meet business demands.
- Occasional public contact requiring appropriate business apparel.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.