Accounts Payable Specialist - United States
uniQure is a fast paced start-up environment that is constantly evolving. The accounts payable process is evolving from manual paper based processes toward implementing automated system solutions. This role will have end-to-end responsibility for managing the company accounts payable process, including related month-end closing processes, vendor invoice processing, payment distribution, and 3-way match process. Secure all necessary authorizations for payment in support of company policy. Lead the development and implementation of initial Accounts Payable ERP module and ePayables application. Develop and maintain policy and procedures supporting P2P processes. Lead various process improvement initiatives as part of the evolution of P2P processes. Support cross functional business partners to resolve purchase order, invoicing and payment issues. Work with external auditors related to quarterly and year-end audits. Additional accounts payable responsibilities include, month-end accruals, management of 1099’s, corporate credit card payments, and accounts payable metrics and analysis reporting. Perform additional accounting and reporting tasks as required to support the department.
- Organize and sort incoming mail in preparation for processing.
- Support the processing of purchase requisitions, purchase orders and invoices.
- Secure approvals of purchase requisitions, purchase orders, and invoices according to company policy.
- Support processing and coding of 1099’s and W9’s.
- 3-way match packing slips, purchase orders and invoices and prepare for scanning.
- Scan invoices into finance directory and record in Exact AP module.
- Run reports to ensure reconciliation of batched invoices with Exact AP module.
- Analyze and select vendors for payment (ACH and Wire Transfer).
- Prepare vendor payment file and submit for approval.
- Support the accounting and processing of employee expense reports.
- Responsible for record keeping and organization of A/P invoices.
- Support the external auditors in periodic testing and account analysis requests.
- Receives and verifies invoices, and ensuring that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures, account codes, in addition to having required approval.
- Perform other accounting, financial and administrative tasks as may be required to back-up and support the accounting team.
- 2 to 4 years in an accounts payable role.
- Experience with both manual as well as mid-tier ERP system.
- Minimum 4+ years full cycle, 3-way match Accounts Payable experience.
- Month-end close related Accounts Payable activities, journal entries, adjustments, and accruals.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent collaboration and customer service
- Advanced problem resolution skills
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CAPA/CAPP (optional)
- Accounting skills and strong accounts payable proficiency (required)
- Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Outlook, Word (required)
- General Ledger or Accounts Payable systems (required)
- Experience with actual business functions of a company (preferred)
- Proper oral communication; speaks clearly, listens respectfully (required)
- Good written communication; reviews work for spelling and grammar (required)
- Exceptional organization skills (required)
- Completes all administrative tasks in assigned times (required)
- Strong attention to detail (required)
- Team Player (required)
- Development of written policies and procedures (recommended)
- Process mapping and process analysis (optional)