Accounts Payable Coordinator I - United States
Perrigo Company plc, a leading global healthcare company, delivers value to its customers and consumers by providing Quality Affordable Healthcare Products®. Founded in 1887 as a packager of home remedies, Perrigo has built a unique business model that is best described as the convergence of a fast-moving consumer goods company, a high-quality pharmaceutical manufacturing organization and a world-class supply chain network. Perrigo is the world's largest manufacturer of over-the-counter ("OTC") healthcare products and supplier of infant formulas for the store brand market. The Company also is a leading provider of branded OTC products throughout Europe and the U.S., as well as a leading producer of "extended topical" prescription drugs. Perrigo, headquartered in Ireland, sells its products primarily in North America and Europe, as well as in other markets, including Australia, Israel and China. Joining Perrigo means joining a team that is driven and excited to make healthcare products more affordable around the globe. Our products improve our consumer’s quality of life – let Perrigo improve the quality of your career.
Reporting to the Accounts Payable Manager this position processes vendor and administrative payments by verifying and entering invoices to ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial information.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for day-to-day AP transactions including entry of invoices, debit memos and vendor generated credit memos as well as receiving, batching and processing check requests and employee reimbursements.
- Reviews validity, appropriate classification and compliance with Perrigo’s policies and internal controls.
- Maintains proper batching of invoices for entry in document retention software.
- Researches payment questions including dates, missing payments, deductions & overpays, stop payments, missing invoices, reconciliation of vendor statements and audits through the use of computer systems as well as manual audits.
- Maintain invoice discrepancies using Excel spreadsheet to assure timely submission for tracking and working capital reporting.
- Reviews vendor names and remits data to update the vendor master.
- Maintains open lines of communication with both external and internal personnel involving payment practices and status of all payments.
- An Associates Degree with 1-3 years of professional Accounts Payable experience is required. A Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting or a closely related field is preferred.
- Computer literacy and advanced skills in the use of accounting software along with a working knowledge of SAP, MS Excel and Word are required.
- Strong organizational skills, excellent communication skills, demonstrated ability to work on a team, flexibility and adaptability are all essential to this position.
- Ability to remain focused while completing tasks which can be very repetitive in nature.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high level of accuracy, detail and organization in a fast paced working environment.
- Must be able to quickly and accurately evaluate various sets of data and advise on solutions to potential issues or inaccuracies.