WHO WE ARE
- Our company is a global technology-based company that offers a broad range of instrumentation, consumable products, and technical expertise in the areas of Analytical Sample Preparation and Synthetic Organic Chemistry.
- Customers include research scientists at pharmaceutical and biotech companies, food and agriculture, personal care, fine chemical companies and scientists at major academic and government life science research centers. We are seeking an Accounting Specialist to manage our company Accounts Receivable currently consisting of 3000+ customer accounts and average of ~$4M in monthly open receivables.
- General accounting role with focus on credit review of customers, employee expense submission/review management, invoice preparation, collections, cash management related activities and specific components of period closing process.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Prepares and processes daily cash and credit card deposits and fills out cash control sheet daily
- Reviews and posts receipts and payments to appropriate ledgers, spreadsheets, records, and/or databases
- Direct communications with customers to ensure on-time payments and achievement of overall AR performance targets to include an A/R aging analysis
- Prepares, sorts, copies, files, and mails invoices, receipts, correspondence, and other requested items
- Audits invoices against purchase orders and researches discrepancies
- Resolves discrepancies with customers, or purchasing agents, to obtain payment for bills
- Researches and processes charge backs, returns, refunds, freight charges, cost of lost or damaged goods, bad checks, and similar items
- Answers receivable inquiries and follows up
- Assists with related special projects as required
- Analyzes customer accounts, manage limits and payment terms
- Prepares analysis and summaries of accounts
- Reconciles bank statements
- Assist in monthly and annual closings
- Analyze credit worthiness of new customer applications via experience with 3rd party tool, verification of current customer cash reserves and customer reference validation
- Reviews and approves, based on travel policy, weekly electronic expense reports via 100% auditing and preparing trend reports
- Maintain sales tax codes and groups to ensure proper collection
- Prepare monthly sales tax analysis to report to third party for remittance to states
- Performs other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office – Ability to perform advanced excel functions
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listens and gets clarification, responds well to questions, demonstrates group presentation skills, participates in meetings
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively, edits work for spelling and grammar, varies writing style to meet needs, presents numerical data effectively, able to read and interpret written information
- Two-year degree from an accredited college or university in accounting or other related fields with 2-5 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Desired candidate would have four-year degree in accounting.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Our company welcomes ideas and the changes they bring;
- We treat each other with dignity and respect. Come join our dedicated, friendly team and enjoy competitive wages and superb benefits.
- Our company is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable laws, directives, and regulations of Federal, State, and local governing bodies and agencies.