- The mission of the Regional Finance EMEA LATAM CIS team is to ensure the compliance and accuracy of the company financial records and report relevant financial data to all stakeholders on time.
- As a member of the team, you will be responsible for the accounting and reporting of the Belgian entities including the holding company and branches as well as foreign affiliates located in the region. You will lead the accounting team and support Finance Director in the execution of finance road-map.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As Accounting Manager, your responsibilities will be to:
- Manage internal team of 11 persons and external accounting offices for accounting purposes;
- Ensure IFRS accounting is compliant, complete and reported on time;
- Ensure statutory accounting is compliant, complete and reported on time (BNB, Workers Council…);
- Ensure direct and indirect tax returns are reported in collaboration with tax manager;
- Report accounting information on time to stakeholders (statistics, queries…);
- Contribute to the comments on monthly financial statements P&L and BS;
- Report the reconciliation of Local Gaap, IFRS & tax result;
- Contribute to setting up accounting for new legal entities / branches in support to Finance Director;
- Support financial audits of the entities;
- Support tax audits;
- Provide support to other regions on the above topics when necessary;
- Implement / improve and document the appropriate accounting processes.
Profile You have:
- Master degree or an equivalent accounting background;
- Minimum 7 years working experience;
- Experience as Head of accounting;
- Proven successful experience in people management;
- Good knowledge of Belgian tax and European VAT aspects;
- Good understanding of IFRS and Belgian Gaap;
- Hands-on approach to accounting;
- Very good knowledge of Excel and SAP FICO with logistics integration (SD, MM). Knowledge of Hyperion (HFM) is a plus;
- Excellent communication skills both in French and in English.
And you are:
- Business focused: proactive, curious and able to interpret and explain the figures (helicopter view);
- A strong team player;
- Assertive and good communicator;
- Critical minded, rigorous, and consistent in your daily work and control activities;
- Flexible and able to adapt quickly to changing situations;
- Well organized, able to set priorities and to work autonomously;
- Willing to occasionally travel up to <10% of your time.
- Our company is a cancer diagnostics and treatment company and the worldwide technology leader in the field of proton therapy.
- The Company’s expertise lies in the development of next generation proton therapy technologies and radiopharmaceuticals that provide oncology care providers with premium quality services and equipment, including company’s leading fully integrated radiopharmacy system, and Dosimetry advanced solutions for Quality Assurance of medical equipment and increased patient safety.
- Employing more than 1,500 people worldwide, Our company currently has installed systems across Europe and the US and is expanding into emerging markets.
- The Company is focused on providing solutions in the fight against cancer.
- Our company offers you the opportunity to realize great achievements in the fight against cancer.
- Our employees are perceived as passionate, pragmatic and result oriented people dedicated to develop leading edge technologies to protect, enhance and save lives !
- If you are stimulated by multicultural challenges and willing to travel, we offer you the opportunity to join a team of more than 35 nationalities working on more than 40 different sites on 3 continents.
- Our company offers you a competitive performance based compensation package and a flexible work environment.
- You have real possibilities to evolve within company's worldwide, leading organization and to create your own career path, supported by training programs to acquire new skills and ensure they stay sharp
- As an Equal Opportunity Employer our company is committed to a diverse workforce.